Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: ury also struck twice for the Mooseh
СообщениеДобавлено: 22 апр 2019, 06:01 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: hefei
PHILADELPHIA -- Cory Schneider and Roberto Luongo are gone, but the goaltending position has not been forgotten by the Vancouver Canucks. With their second-round pick in Saturdays NHL draft at No. 36, the Canucks took the highest-ranked goalie on the board, Thatcher Demko, as new general manager Jim Benning begins the process of replenishing the organizations goaltending depth. "I believe youve got to have a succession of goalies coming through the system," Benning said Saturday afternoon. "Goaltending is the most important position in an organization. ... I believe to be a top, contending team in the league, you need good goaltending. You can never have enough good goalies." Benning believes Demko, who plays at Boston College, is capable of developing into a No. 1 goaltender. He immediately becomes the Canucks goaltender of the future, especially considering the uncertainty that comes with Eddie Lack and Jacob Markstrom. "Hopefully theres an opportunity for me," said Demko, a native of San Diego, Calif., who brushed off the idea of pressure. "I think once I get there, youll start to feel it a little bit more with the Canucks fans and how passionate they are." It was at last years draft when ex-GM Mike Gillis traded Schneider -- coincidentally also a Boston College product -- to the New Jersey Devils for the ninth pick, which Vancouver used on London Knights centre Bo Horvat. Just before the trade deadline, the Canucks sent Luongo to the Florida Panthers for Markstrom and forward Shawn Matthias. Markstrom started just three games for the Canucks since the trade. Demko, who has the option of playing one to three more years at Boston College, isnt worried at all about the microscope that goalies are under in Vancouver. He cant wait to see what its like to play in a Canadian market. "Im going to thrive in it," he said. "Youve got to play in pressure and thats kind of just the nature of it. Youve got to thrive in those situations or youre not going to have success." Demko might get a taste of a pressure situation at the world junior championship because hes a candidate to start for the United States in the tournament that takes place in Montreal and Toronto. "Obviously you want to be the starter at world juniors, (it) is a goal," he said. "But theres a lot of other guys that could easily have that position." Part of drafting Demko was Bennings familiarity with him from living in Boston and watching him play often. The same can be said for winger Linden Vey, whom the Canucks acquired from the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday for the 50th pick. At 22, Vey has just 18 games of NHL experience and five assists in that time. But Benning watched him play with the Kings AHL affiliate in Manchester and said hell make the Canucks next season. "Hes ready to play in the NHL now," Benning said. "Hell start out as a third-line guy. I think once hes up and going, maybe it takes a year, maybe it takes a year and a half but I think hes got the skill to be a second-line centre at some point." It doesnt hurt that Vey also played for new coach Willie Desjardins with the WHLs Medicine Hat Tigers. Derek Dorsett, acquired from the New York Rangers on Friday, also was in Medicine Hat with Desjardins. That No. 50 pick wasnt the Canucks until they traded defenceman Jason Garrison to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday afternoon. The Kings used it on Victoria goalie Alec Dillon. Vancouver took six-foot-seven Russian defenceman Nikita Tryamkin 66th, Swedish defenceman Gustav Forsling 126th, Erie Otters centre Kyle Pettit 156th and Prince Albert Raiders defenceman MacKenzie Stewart 186th. Those players join the Canucks youth movement along with first-rounders Jake Virtanen and Jared McCann. But the most intriguing addition on Day 2 was Demko, who has prototypical NHL goalie size at six-foot-three. "My size is a tool, but I dont like to rely on it," Demko said. "I can use it, but I still like to react to pucks and kind of play athletic. Its something Im still working on, but its one of the biggest pieces of my game." Demko isnt just confident in himself but also in his ability to withstand the heat in Vancouver. He grew up considering Martin Brodeur a role model but ultimately might want to get some advice from Luongo. "Hopefully I can appeal to the fans up there and make them love me instead of hate me," Demko said. Wilmar Barrios Colombia Jersey . Alen, 28, hit .315 with five home runs, 59 RBI and a career-high nine stolen bases for the Goldeyes last season. He is the longest serving catcher in Goldeyes history, having already spent five seasons with the organization. Luis Muriel Colombia Jersey . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. http://www.nationalcolombiafootball.com ... ia-jersey/. - Chicago Bears general manager Phil Emery was so busy in free agency he didnt mind having a few extra weeks to prepare for the draft. Carlos Bacca Colombia Jersey . And on Sunday against the Houston Astros they were pleased to see his work finally pay off with his first win since May 24. Jose Izquierdo Jersey . Ilonen birdied five of his closing seven holes in superb scoring conditions to end the day with a two-shot lead on the Fota Island course. Ilonen had just 26 putts on the occasion of his 300th European Tour event.SYDNEY, N.S. - Kyle Farrell had a goal and four assists and goaltender Francois Brassard scored into an empty net to lead the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles to an 8-5 victory over the Quebec Remparts in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action on Saturday.Marcus Hinds scored twice for Cape Breton (12-16-5), while Jason Bell, Bradley Lalonde, Jacob Smith and Maxim Lazarev also scored. Pierre-Luc Dubois added four assists for the Screaming Eagles.Vladimir Tkachev found the back of the net twice and added two assists for Quebec (20-12-2) in its fourth-straight loss. Marc-Olivier Roy, Kurt Etchegary and Ryan Graves also scored.Brassard made 33 saves in net for Cape Breton. His goal was the first by a goaltender in Screaming Eagles history.Callum Booth started in goal for the Remparts, turning aside 28-of-35 shots in 46:37. Eric Brassard replaced him and stopped all seven shots he faced in 12:45.The Screaming Eagles had two power-play goals on nine chances while Quebec went 0 for 2 with the man advantage.---CATARACTES 8 PHOENIX 2SHAWINIGAN, Que. — James Phelan was one of five players to have a goal and an assist in the Cataractes win over Sherbrooke.Alexis DAoust, Alex Pawelczyk, Oliver Caouette and Anthony Beauvillier also had two-point nights for Shawinigan (18-14-2). Giovanni Fiore, Dylan Labbe and Christophe Lalonde rounded out the attack.Aaron Hoyles and Tim Wieser replied for the Phoenix (17-13-3).---FOREURS 4 SEA DOGS 2VAL-DOR. Que. — Nicolas Auube-Kubel scored the winner late in the third period as the Foreurs doubled up Saint John.ddddddddddddJulien Gauthier and Anthony Beauregard also chipped in with goals for Val-dOr (14-15-5), with Anthony Richard adding an empty-netter.Thomas Chabot opened the scoring for the Sea Dogs (20-8-5) while Justice Dundas had the other Saint John goal.---SAGUENEENS 7 TIGRES 2CHICOUTIMI, Que. — Samuel Roussy and Charles Guevremont both scored two third-period goals as the Sagueneens routed Victoriaville.Laurent Dauphin, Nicolas Roy and Reid Halabi supplied the rest of the offence for Chicoutimi (15-15-2), which extended its winning streak to six games.Tommy Veilleux and Carl Marois scored for the Tigres (17-12-4).---MOOSEHEADS 5 TITAN 4 (OT)BATHURST, N.B. — Timo Meier scored his second of the game just 38 seconds into overtime as Halifax edged the Titan.Philippe Gadoury also struck twice for the Mooseheads (16-14-3) with Samuel Leblanc adding the other goal.Jordan Maher had two goals for Acadie-Bathurst (9-22-3) while Nicholas Blanchard and Bronson Beaton also scored.---HUSKIES 3 ARMADA 2 (SO)ROUYN-NORANDA, Que. — Mathieu Lemay scored the decisive goal in the shootout as the Huskies edged Blainville-Boisbriand.Jean-Christophe Beaudin and Francis Perron found the back of the net for Rouyn-Noranda (17-15-2) in regulation.Nikita Jevpalovs opened the scoring for the Armada (17-10-5), with Brendan Hamelin tying the game in the third period.--- ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа