Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: esi Appiahs team stayed in the game thanks
СообщениеДобавлено: 14 июн 2018, 08:54 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: Melbourne
TORONTO -- Julio Cesar is the newest member of Toronto FC. The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he looks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. The 34-year-old Cesar has been relegated to a backup role with second-tier English club Queens Park Rangers and will join Toronto for the start of the 2014 season. General manger Tim Bezbatchenko would not confirm details of the loan agreement, but it is expected that Cesar will be back with Toronto following the World Cup. "We (found) an agreement, between me, QPR and my agent," said Cesar. "My agent ... they were talking with them. We just (found) the best agreement between everyone so thats the reason I can sign with (Toronto)." Toronto FC head coach Ryan Nelsen is a former teammate of Cesars at QPR and had a big hand in acquiring the goalkeeper. "I keep in contact with a lot of ex-players and it was out of that an opportunity potentially that could arise that we could bring Julio here," said Nelsen. "As soon as I got a sniff of that, it didnt take long to register how important it would be to have a man like that." Cesar lost his starting role with QPR to England international Rob Green once the Hoops were relegated from the Premiere League last season and has appeared in just one game for the club this season. Cesar, who has earned 77 caps for Brazil, won the Copa America in 2004 and the Confederations Cup on two occasions. Before his stint at QPR, he also played at Inter Milan, where he won five Italian league titles. Additionally, he has won three Coppa Italia titles, the 2010 UEFA Champions League and the 2010 Club World Cup. As for his first impressions of TFCs training facility in north Toronto, Cesar was amazed. "The first thing when I arrive here, I asked to visit the training grounds. I need to be honest here, I was impressed," he said. "Its much better than many, many clubs in Europe that I have had the opportunity to know. Its an amazing training ground, you have everything. You can do good work here." Cesar joins a TFC lineup that has undergone a radical shift this off-season, including the acquisition of England striker Jermain Defoe, American midfielder Michael Bradley, fellow Brazilian Gilberto Oliveira Souza Junior and former MLS MVP Dwayne De Rosario. Gilberto, 24, just missed out on an opportunity to play with childhood idol, and fellow Brazilian star, Ronaldo, and is looking forward to playing in front of Cesar. "Im going to play with another legend and Im definitely looking forward to that," he said through a translator. "(Cesars) played with the best strikers in the world ... and I have nothing but things to learn from him." The signing of Cesar moves fellow goalkeeper Joe Bendik, who had a 6-16-11 record in 2013, to the backup role for the 2014 season. "Im only looking at it as a win-win situation. He comes in and I get to learn from a legend," said the 24-year-old Bendik. "Im going to compete with him every day and off the field, Ill pick his brain for just about any piece of knowledge I can get. Seeing a guy whose played in a couple World Cups, hes won champions league. "You can only learn so much from him so its a win-win situation for the club and for myself." Added Nelson: "When you have the opportunity to ply your trade day-in and day-out beside a man whos obviously done what (Cesars) done, the age that he is and the experience that hell be able to give to Joe you cant tell how valuable that is." Kieran Trippier England Jersey .Y. - Islanders forward Anders Lee has been fined $2,286 by the NHL for elbowing St. John Stones Jersey . The agreement comes a little more than one week after the video game manufacturer agreed to a $40 million settlement in a similar but separate case, bringing the total payout planned for athletes to $60 million, said Steve Berman, an attorney for the plaintiffs, and the NCAA. http://www.soccerenglandfansshop.com/Ra ... RO-Jersey/. The Goldeyes (10-7) lost 4-1 to the Saltdogs (8-9) Sunday afternoon before 5,834 sizzling fans at Shaw Park. The loss drops Winnipegs record to 3-4 during this past weeks seven-game homestand. Fabian Delph Jersey . Leaning forward with both hands on his knees, Buffon appeared to be resting or somehow trying to withstand the rain. Or perhaps the 36-year-old goalkeeper and Italy captain was reflecting on this: He is only the third player in history to be part of five World Cup squads, along with Germany great Lothar Matthaus and former Mexico goalkeeper Antonio Carbajal. Danny Welbeck Jersey . If Vettel wins at Suzuka on Sunday, and his nearest rival Fernando Alonso finishes worse than eighth, the German driver will join his compatriot Michael Schumacher and Argentine Juan-Manuel Fangio as the only men to win four consecutive titles.ROTTERDAM, Netherlands -- Robin van Persie scored his second goal in as many pre-World Cup friendlies as the Netherlands beat Ghana 1-0 on Saturday. On the day Louis van Gaal announced his final 23-man squad for Brazil, the Netherlands coach looked to have picked his strongest side for the match at Feyenoords De Kuip stadium, with the vastly experienced striking partnership of Van Persie and Arjen Robben fed by playmaker Wesley Sneijder. It was that trio who teamed up to unlock the Ghana defence in just the fifth minute. Sneijder played a one-two with Robben and then cut back the ball past the advancing goalkeeper to Van Persie who only had to tap into the open goal for his 43rd international goal. Robben should have doubled the lead seven minutes later but scuffed a close-range shot over the bar after a cross from left back Daley Blind set him free in front of goal at the end of a flowing attack. The Bayern Munich winger squandered another great chance when goalkeeper Adam Kwarasey blocked his shot when Robben was again on his own in front of goal after a cross from right back Daryl Janmaat. "I shhould have scored two.dddddddddddd Im saving them up," Robben said. Both final passes came from backs functioning almost as wingers in Van Gaals new 5-3-2 formation. The defenders -- seen by many as the teams Achilles heel -- also ensured Jasper Cillessen kept a clean sheet. "In the second half, we created less but we gave away absolutely nothing," Van Gaal said. Ghana, which has a tough draw in Brazil together with Germany, Portugal and the United States in Group G, never looked like breaking down the Dutch back five. Coach James Kwesi Appiahs team stayed in the game thanks to Robbens misses and aggressive tackling and pressure that broke up the fluency of Dutch build-up play. "Ghana pinned us back and that makes it difficult," Van Gaal said. But he expects the attacking fluency to come as the squad continues to train together. "It will get better," Van Gaal said. "Weve only just started." The Netherlands plays Wales on Wednesday in Amsterdam and flies to Rio de Janeiro the following day. It is in Group B with Spain, Chile and Australia. China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys Online Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа