Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: his team, and thats why he doesnt stay
СообщениеДобавлено: 13 июн 2018, 04:57 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: Melbourne
LONDON - The Czech Republic became the first team to reach the Davis Cup semifinals Saturday, while heavily favoured Switzerland had another disappointing loss in the doubles and France kept alive its quarterfinal against Germany. The defending champion Czechs clinched an unassailable 3-0 lead over Japan after Radek Stepanek and Lukas Rosol comfortably beat Tatsuma Ito and Yasutaka Uchiyama 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 in the doubles. Thats the only quarterfinal that has gone according to script so far, as Switzerland and France both find themselves down 2-1 going into the reverse singles on Sunday. Many expected Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka to have wrapped up Switzerlands best-of-five series against Kazakhstan by now as well, but the former Olympic doubles champions were beaten 6-4, 7-6 (5), 4-6, 7-6 (6) by Andrey Golubev and Aleksandr Nedovyesov. That came after Wawrinka lost his singles match to Golubev on Saturday, meaning theres no more room for mistakes for the heavily favoured Swiss. "Im actually very excited for tomorrow," Federer said. "We are still the favourites for each singles match tomorrow, but with no more margin for error and were aware of that." Germany entered its quarterfinal without its top three players, but Tobias Kamke and Peter Gojowczyk surprisingly won their opening singles matches to give the visitors a 2-0 lead on Friday against France. However, Julien Benneteau and Michael Llodra held their nerve to beat Andre Begemann and Kamke 6-1, 7-6 (5), 4-6, 7-5 to stay in the series. "Were still alive. It was a great performance from Julien and Mika. Its very hard to play when youre 2-0 down because you have no room for error," France captain Arnaud Clement said. "They deserve it because they really pushed themselves." In Sundays matches, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is scheduled to play Kamke, and Benneteau faces Gojowczyk. Andy Murray was the busiest player of the day as he first had to complete a 6-4, 7-5, 6-3 victory over Italys Andreas Seppi in their delayed singles match, before returning to the court to help Britain take a 2-1 lead with a win in the doubles. Murray and Colin Fleming beat Fabio Fognini and Simone Bolelli 6-3, 6-2, 3-6, 7-5 to boost Britains bid to reach the semifinals for the first time since 1981. Rain delays had interrupted play in Naples on Friday and Murrays match was suspended because of darkness in the second set. Murray can secure the victory when he plays Fognini on Sunday. "It should be a tough match," Murray said. "Fabio has played very well this year so itll be a great challenge. But I hope I can have a good match and get us to the semis." MIAMI - The Associated Press will periodically look at the changing landscape of the NBA during the season from varied perspectives: A players viewpoint, from the bench, and from the business side. In this installment, Utah Jazz coach Quin Snyder provides an inside look.___Quin Snyder looks the same now as he did during his Duke playing days in the 1980s, having remained lean and appearing like he could still go 5-on-5 if so inclined.Hes fit as can be.But these days, he just looks exhausted.Such is the reality for an NBA coach, particularly a first-year one in the early phases of rebuilding a franchise. Days are long, days off are nonexistent, and there are constant reminders that no matter how meticulous the practice plan, every issue wont be solved between one game and the next.This has been the biggest realization from the opening portion of Snyders first season as coach of the Utah Jazz.Theres even more teaching than I probably anticipated on the front end, Snyder said. Teaching our entire group what it is, and when I say teaching I mean even our staff, getting them to understand what it is I want. That process and the urgency you feel as a coach to do that ... theres always something more you want to touch, review, get in, address and there literally is not enough time.Snyder is one of four rookie coaches in the NBA right now, and all four have been dealt distinctly different hands. At Golden State, Steve Kerr has a team thats already put together a 16-game winning streak and looks like a title contender. At Cleveland, David Blatt has the worlds best player in LeBron James and still has seen inconsistent results. At New York, Derek Fisher has a team thats plummeted to near the bottom of the dreadful Eastern Conference.When Snyder sat down with the AP in Miami, he was tired — and with good reason.The Jazz played at New Orleans on Tuesday, then came right back to beat the Heat in Miami on Wednesday. And nonetheless, on Thursday morning the Jazz were back on the practice floor at their downtown hotel for a workout and film session before flying to Orlando.Theres always something to work on, said Snyder, whose Jazz have won just seven times in the seasons first 26 games.He haas already matched wits with his fellow rookie coaches, beating the Cavaliers and the Knicks.dddddddddddd But hes not comparing himself to them.Ive looked for comps of other teams that are at a point and a place where we want to be, Snyder said. Whether that be style of play, execution, demeanour, connectivity, all the traits to me that make up a program and the type of program that we want, the fiber, the values. Thats where most of my attention has gone.For their part, his rookie colleagues agree with Snyder: Finding enough time to get everything done is daunting.I had a lot of thoughts coming in, Kerr said. Things I wanted to practice every day. All of a sudden, the season starts and you have to have a day off physically for the guys to rest, then the next day youve got a game and youve got to go over the game plan for the other team. ... Youve got to find time for everything, and its tricky.Added Fisher: I dont know if theres anything that strikes me as easier than I thought it would be. Its a demanding job.Blatt, a longtime coach overseas before coming to the NBA, said its a harsh learning process.There is a dynamic of what the schedule does to you, and how you go about trying to manage that in the best possible way, he said. The NBA is a different animal.Snyder knows the reality.The Jazz are basically out of the playoff picture already in the absolutely loaded Western Conference, and some of the players in his young group are probably experiencing some of the toughest stretches of their basketball lives.He gets angry, frustrated, disappointed, all the normal emotions that accompany losing.But as coach, he sees himself as the official mood-setter for his team, and thats why he doesnt stay down for long.Its not a great year to be rebuilding, Snyder said. One of the things thats challenging, your wins and losses are one way of evaluating success and thats obvious. Regardless if youre feeling that your team is improving, when you lose X games in a row, that can be a real impediment to growth. The resilience that is necessary to continue to commit and invest when you dont have the juice that comes from a win, it becomes hard.Thats the challenge hes embracing. Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Gear Jerseys From China Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа