Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: nders, who on Tuesday shipped defenseman Andrew
СообщениеДобавлено: 17 мар 2018, 03:40 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: Melbourne
TORONTO -- Steve Nash had a good chuckle at ESPN personality Jason Whitlocks suggestion that Canadians in the NBA are not as motivated to succeed as their American counterparts. "Andrew Wiggins is from Canada," Whitlock said on Keith Olbermanns ESPN show Monday night. "And Canadian athletes, I think, among NBA players and NBA people, perhaps dont want it as much as even some of the Europeans, and certainly the American players." Nash, a two-time NBA MVP and the general manager of Canadas senior mens squad, was in town for a three-day camp before the team departed for a European exhibition series. He responded to Whitlocks comments after the teams final practice. "Its a wonderful sweeping generalization, really good. Hit it on the head there," Nash said. The 40-year-old, who broke into the league during the 1996-97 season with the Phoenix Suns, admitted he had to overcome knocks in his game as a young player making a name for himself. He said Wiggins will have to learn to silence his critics too. "I had to prove that I was athletic enough to play in the NBA," said the Los Angeles Lakers point guard. "His athleticism isnt a question, theyre worrying about his motivation and desire. "Hell overcome it. Hell take that criticism, like he always has over the last four or five years, and overcome it. Theres times where wed always like to see him show a little more alpha male, but when the games on the line, I never see him turn away slights as motivation and hell overcome it." When asked about the perception in the NBA that Canadian players are not tough enough or eager enough, Canada head coach Jay Triano had a differing opinion. "Steves pretty tough to play and be able to do what hes doing," Triano said. "I think Tristan (Thompson) is a tough player. Robert Sacre is a tough player. Maybe well go on this trip and drop the gloves a little bit and create that hockey mentality then well define ourselves a little bit better." Triano added that the upcoming 11-game, 20-day European road trip will play a big part in defining his teams toughness. "Were going to be playing against men who are representing their country and getting ready to play in the (World Cup) on their soil," said Triano. "This isnt going to be easy. Well find out a little bit about our toughness while were on this trip and I think its something that will evolve as these players get more experience." On Tuesday, Canada Basketball announced its 15-man roster for the exhibition trip, which includes Cory Joseph (San Antonio), Andrew Nicholson (Orlando), Kelly Olynyk (Boston) and Robert Sacre (Lakers). Noticeably absent from the roster are the likes of Wiggins and Anthony Bennett (Cleveland) and Tyler Ennis (Phoenix). Both Ennis and Bennett have been around the three-day training camp, but did not participate. "Maybe next summer when the Olympics are on the line, we can get everybody together, but were talking about so many dynamics: the schedule, bodies, what their (NBA) clubs want, what their teams feel is best for them at this time in their career," said Nash. "Even the guys that arent on the trip, AB (Bennett), Tyler came by today, Tristan last night. Guys want to be a part of it. "I think were going to have a great turnout next summer when it really matters and weve got enough guys here this summer for it to make a difference." The team departed for its four-city road trip on Tuesday. Canada opens Thursday against Slovenia and will also play in Croatia, Italy and Spain before returning home Aug. 13. Canada will play games against World Cup host Spain and qualifiers Slovenia, Ukraine, Croatia (twice), Serbia, Turkey and Angola. They will also play exhibition games with non-qualifiers Georgia, Italy and Bosnia. Dwight Howard Jersey . At Manchester United, Ferguson developed Beckham into one of the worlds most recognizable sportsmen, but the midfielder left United in 2003 for Real Madrid under a cloud after his relationship with the manager broke down. Frank Kaminsky Jersey . - Aaron Rodgers makes tough throws that can leave fans of the Green Bay Packers speechless. http://www.basketballhornetsauthority.c ... ersey-c-9/. Or, for that matter, the aged. Alonzo Mourning Jersey . -- Derek Jeter spoke for 25 minutes, 44 seconds and answered 26 questions about his decision to retire at the end of this season. Charlotte Hornets Jerseys .com) - Former New York Mets general manager Omar Minaya is joining the Major League Baseball Players Association staff as a senior advisor to executive director Tony Clark.Two teams that shed significant parts on Wednesdays NHL trade deadline square off Thursday night as the Edmonton Oilers host the New York Islanders at Rexall Place. The Islanders dealt Thomas Vanek to the Montreal Canadiens after less than a year on Long Island. Meanwhile, the Oilers dealt long-time sniper Ales hemsky to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for a fifth-round pick in 2014 and a third-rounder in 2015. Edmonton did snap a three-game slide on Tuesday, besting the Ottawa Senators 3-2. Jordan Eberle had the eventual game-winner and Taylor Hall had two assists. Ben Scrivens, one day after signing a two-year extension with Edmonton, posted 34 saves. Hemsky scored twice in his final game with the Oilers. The Czech Republic native posted nine goals and 17 assists in 55 games with the Oilers this season. A first-round selection (13th overall) by the Oilers in 2001, Hemsky has recorded 142 goals and 335 assists for 477 points in 652 NHL games. "Its just a mix of feelings," said Hemsky. "Its hard to leave from here because Ive been here for so long and I was comfortable here. I knew the city and the team and everything. Its the only team Ive been playing for so its kind of weird. Like I said, Im ready for the challenge." Edmonton also traded defenseman Nick Schultz to the Columbus Blue Jets for an upcoming fifth-round draft pick. The Oilers lost a 3-2 decision in New York back on Oct. 17 and have dropped three of the last four meetings. The Islanders, though, have lost three straight in Edmonton, where they have not won since March 13, 2003. The Islanders take aim at their first two-game winning streak in well over a month on Thursday night. New York, aiming for a second straight trip to the playoffs, made a bold move back in October when it acquired winger Thomas Vanek from the Buffalo Sabres for forward Matt Moulson and two draft picks, including a first-round pick in 2014.dddddddddddd The Islanders, though, have struggled for most of the season and it appeared as though they were going to be unable to re-sign Vanek before he hit unrestricted free agency this summer. Those factors all led to New York trading Vanek on Wednesday to the Montreal Canadiens. In return, the Isles got prospect Sebastian Collberg and will also get a 2014 second-round pick from the Habs if they make the playoffs. New York would also send Montreal a fifth-round selection should that happen. It marked the second trade in as many days for the Islanders, who on Tuesday shipped defenseman Andrew MacDonald to the Philadelphia Flyers prior to a game versus the hosting Winnipeg Jets. Vanek was a healthy scratch for that contest, but New York still managed a 3-2 victory in overtime to win for only the third time in its past 12 games. Michael Grabner had the winner in overtime, taking a lead pass from Cal Clutterbuck before racing past two Jets defenders. The speedy forward then beat Ondrej Pavelec with a forehand shot with 69 seconds left in the bonus frame. Colin McDonald and Anders Lee each scored in regulation, while Anders Nilsson made 36 saves in the victory. New York played most of the contest without forward Eric Boulton, who exited early with a hand injury. "I think that most guys know that this time of year is a little difficult, but I thought we were focused. We were ready to play obviously against a big strong hockey team thats playing real well," Islanders head coach Jack Capuano said. Despite winning the opener of a four-game road trip, the Isles are 13 points back of a playoff spot. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа