Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: at Wiggins and the rest of the young
СообщениеДобавлено: 17 мар 2018, 03:37 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: Melbourne
EDMONTON - The Calgary Flames havent had much go right this season, but everything certainly came together for one night on Saturday. Curtis Glencross had a hat trick and Matt Stajan had a goal and three assists as the Flames scored four goals in a 3:05 span of the second period to come away with a massive 8-1 victory over the rival Edmonton Oilers. "What a great game," said Flames head coach Bob Hartley. "We wanted to redeem ourselves from (Friday) nights game. I could see that the boys were not very impressed with the performance from last night. We just worked very simple, we were very effective and we scored some great goals." Mike Cammalleri, Mark Giordano, Paul Byron and Kevin Westgarth also scored for the Flames (29-35-7) who have won four of their last six and sit 26th overall in the NHL. Nobody was expecting that kind of offensive explosion, however. "Its been a challenge for us to produce offence this year," Cammalleri said. "Its nice to see pucks go in like they did. You dont expect to score eight goals every night, but its nice to get that feeling where you feel like the puck is going to go in the net for us." It was an emotional game for Stajan, who pointed up to the sky after scoring on a penalty shot in honour of his newborn son, who died earlier this month. "That one means a lot," he said. "Its been obviously not easy and that one was for the little guy. It felt good and it gave us some puck-luck after too. Well move on now and Ill remember that one forever." Jeff Petry replied for the Oilers (25-38-9), who have lost two in a row and remain in second last place in the league. "Its pretty obvious how bad we played tonight. We are obviously very frustrated with how we played this game," said Oilers winger David Perron. "It is pretty embarrassing. We all know how bad it was and that the fans werent happy. If I was sitting in the stands, I would have been doing the same thing they were doing." Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins agreed that the fans were within their rights to voice their disproval to the team. "That was probably the longest last 15 minutes of a game that I have ever been involved with," he said. "I apologize to the fans who were here tonight and had to watch it. It was painful on the bench and Im sure it was painful in the stands. We hope it is just a blip on the radar because we have been playing pretty well lately. "I understand the frustration tonight. Especially losing to Calgary. No disrespect to Calgary, they are working hard and have had a tough year as well. But that is our rival, so it stings even worse." The Oilers started the scoring with a power-play goal four-and-a-half minutes in as Petry sent a long slapshot from the point through a sea of legs and past a screened Karri Ramo in his return to the Calgary net for the first time in seven weeks. Calgary tied the game four minutes later as Giordano got all of a shot from the top of the face-off circle, sending a bullet off the crossbar and into the Oiler net behind Edmonton starter Viktor Fasth. The Flames went up 2-1 four minutes into the second period as Mikael Backlund sent a cross-ice pass to Cammalleri, who was able to pick the corner with a quick shot before Fasth could get across the net. It was Cammalleris 23rd of the season. The floodgates opened from there. A minute later, Calgary had a two-goal advantage. Stajan was awarded a penalty shot after a rather suspect slashing call on a breakaway from Edmonton defender Mark Fraser. Stajan made the most of the one-on-one opportunity, beating Fasth glove-side with a backhand shot. The Flames scored their third goal in a 1:47 span as Cammalleri stopped short on a quick breakout and allowed two Edmonton defenders to go sliding past before feeding the puck to Byron at the side of the net for his sixth of the season. Just 1:18 later the Flames made it four goals in just over three minutes as Glencross tucked a shot over Fasths shoulder. Ben Scrivens replaced Fasth, who allowed five goals on 16 shots. Late in the second period, Oiler Taylor Hall threw a water bottle in frustration while sitting on the Oiler bench that ended up spraying the coaching staff, earning a terse scolding from head coach Dallas Eakins. "That stuff happens," Hall said. "Dallas and I have a great relationship. At times we all get a little frustrated with how things are going and sometimes you need to take a step back and realize that frustration isnt going to accomplish anything. "I dont expect anything more. We are all good." Calgary made it 6-1 five minutes into the third period as a Glencross shot hit the stick of Edmontons Justin Schultz and went through Scrivens legs. The Flames then struck again 37 seconds later as a Tyler Wotherspoon shot that was going wide was batted out of the air and in by Westgarth at the side of the net. The frustration continued for Edmonton as a jersey was thrown on the ice soon afterwards, prompting Scrivens to hook it up with his stick and fling it back into the crowd. "I always feel like as a fan, you pay your money and you get to do whatever you want," Scrivens explained. "If you want to boo me, jeer me, call me every name, you are entitled to that. You could spit on me for all I care, if I deserve it. But when I see a jersey thrown on the ice… Im from here. You are not just disrespecting the guys in this room, you are disrespecting guys who wore this jersey before us. All of the great guys who have pulled this sweater over their heads, Gretzky, Messier, they all took great pride wearing that jersey. "That logo is a sacred thing for us. It is disheartening for me to see our fans treat it that way." Calgary made it 8-1 with just under seven minutes to play as Glencross recorded his hat trick goal on a long shot through traffic for his 10th goal of the season. The Flames return home for a three-game set, starting with the San Jose Sharks on Monday. The Oilers play the fourth game of a six-game homestand on Tuesday, also against the Sharks. Gabriel Jersey . -- C.J. Cron hit an RBI single on the first pitch he saw in the major leagues, doubled his second time up and hit a tiebreaking RBI single in the sixth inning to lead the Los Angeles Angels to a 5-3 victory over the Texas Rangers on Saturday night. Lucas Moura Brazil Jersey . Cilic cruised to victory, beating the seventh-seeded Seppi 6-1, 6-3 in just 72 minutes. He faced only one break point, winning 24 out of 29 points played on the first serve. http://www.soccerbrazilonline.com/Rodri ... ca-Jersey/. Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. Blank Brazil Jersey .com) - The Chicago Cubs reportedly signed recently-acquired outfielder Dexter Fowler to a one-year contract on Friday, avoiding arbitration. Alex Sandro Jersey . The Boston Celtics hadnt played since the All-Star break. So the Suns 100-94 victory over Boston Wednesday night was an uphill affair, with Phoenix relying on balance rather than its trademark high energy.Do Canadian NBA players have a reputation for being too laid back? According to ESPN writer Jason Whitlock, some NBA people feel that may be case. "This is what a lot of NBA people believe that American-born and even some of the European-born players, they have more intensity, more of a hunger for the game. Theyre not as laid back," said Whitlock on ESPNs Olbermann show with host Keith Olbermann on Monday. "Canada is a laid back place which is probably a positive thing. Theres positiveness to not taking basketball and being so intense and not being so bottom-line driven as we are here in America." Vaughan, Ontarios Andrew Wiggins, drafted first overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers last month and the subject of trade rumours involving Kevin Love of the Minnesota Timberwolves, is not exempt from his skepticism. "Andrew Wiggins is from Canada - and Canadian athletes, I think, among NBA players and NBA people, perhaps dont want it as much as even some of the Europeans, and certainly the American players," Whitlock added. "This is the conversation with basketball people - Does he have that dog in him? Does he want to be the greatest all the time? Does he know how to give that consistent effort all the time? And they think thats a question that a lot of players from north of the border have to answer." Wiggins was the star on an historic night for Canadian basketball at the NBA Draft. Nik Stauskas of Mississauga, Ont., went eighth to the Sacramento Kings, and Tyler Ennis of Brampton, Ont., was selected 18th by the Phoenix Suns. Dwight Powell of Toronto was drafted by the Charlotte Hornets 45th overall and was later traded to the Cavaliers. Despite the criticism, Whitlock wrapped up the interview with a message for Canadians. "I love Canada," he said. In an interview with TSN Radio Tuesday, Whitlock related his remarks on Olbermann of how Americans feel about basketball, to how much Canadians are passionate about hockey. "I think in Canada there is probably a prevailing belief that hockey is a religion in Canada that perhaps other countries dont get hockey, or have the passion for hockey and maybe dont want it as much as Canadian hockey players do. I would think that when most people make those kind of comments in Canada, there is no real uproar. I think with American culture, we probably dont value hockey as much as Canadians do." Whitlock reinforced that some NBA people might be questioning the drive of Canadian born basketball players. "I think Americas obsession with basketball is overdone annd too many people put too many eggs in the basketball basket.dddddddddddd" I do believe and Ive been told that some NBA people question whether Canadian players have the same religious passion for basketball and do they want it as much as American players?" "From what I saw at Kansas, I think there is reasons to be concerned. That mostly falls on Andrew Wiggins but it might also be a reflection of a culture that doesnt value basketball the same way as we[Americans] do over here." TSN basketball analyst Leo Rautins, who was the first Canadian selected in the opening round of the NBA Draft, feels that time has shown a high calibre of Canadian players that have played at the top level. "You look at the history of Canadian players, Steve Nash two-time MVP, Jamaal Magloire an all-star, Rick Fox an NBA Champion," said Rautins. "These are guys that played in the League and they wanted it as much as anyone else." "Now you look at the influx of all of these young players today and to throw them into a category of not wanting it as much as American and even Europeans, are you kidding me? These kids right now, they are the future." Rautins also feels that Wiggins and the rest of the young Canadian NBA players will have the chance to prove themselves on the court. "The NBA is looking at all of the Canadian kids, they all have different styles and to judge an Andrew Wiggins saying he doesnt want it was much because hes a graceful, supreme athlete that plays a little looser. His time is coming. To make a blanket statement at this point about all of the Canadian kids is completely unfair." Canadian point guard Steve Nash of the Los Angeles Lakers was also not in agreement with Whitlocks comments. "Its a wonderful sweeping generalization," said Nash. "Really good. Hit it on the head there. Our hockey team lacks a lot of competitiveness and determination for sure." Tristan Thompson, a Canadian forward that plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers, thinks Whitlock would think differently about them if he spent time watching them work. "I think if he spent a summer or a season with me he would feel differently. I can only speak for myself and Anthony (Bennett) because thats my teammate," said Thompson. "The effort and the time weve put in the gym is the top of our team. I think if you asked anyone around the league about my persona they would say that Im a hard worker. I respect his opinion but it just makes me want to work harder." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа