Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: seman Adrian Gonzalez on a two-out grounder b
СообщениеДобавлено: 14 мар 2018, 03:50 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: Melbourne
When I was young, they kept feeding me fairy tales. You may have a similar story. But maybe... Just maybe... This is one time when make believe should make you believe. How long does Cinderella stay at the dance? Sometimes, the carriage doesnt turn into a pumpkin. Right now, Whitby, Ontarios DyShawn Pierre, small forward for the No. 11 seed Dayton Flyers of the Atlantic-10 Conference, is living the fairy tale during March Madness. After defeating in-state rival The Ohio State University Buckeyes, then to go on to edge a team who spent much of the regular season as the No. 1 team in the country in the Syracuse Orange, led by Brampton, Ontarios Tyler Ennis, Pierre and his mates kept the dream alive by slaying another dragon in the Stanford Cardinal, a solid team led by two other Canadians, Dwight Powell and Stefan Nastic. DyShawn and his teammates have pushed forward to take the Flyers back to a place they havent been in 30 years, The Elite Eight. Standing in the path to the yellow brick road of the Final Four is an extremely tough, senior-laden, defensive-minded University of Florida Gators squad. With a coach in Archie Miller, who implicitly trusts every player on the Dayton Flyer roster, from the first man to the 12th, DyShawn Pierre is set to lead his team further on their quest for the ultimate brass ring: The NCAA Mens Basketball Championship. I sat down with DyShawn Pierre to find out if the soft-spoken sophomore is really a lion disguised as a lamb. Who is DyShawn Pierre? Oooh! I never really thought about that before, but... in terms of basketball, Id say Im a total team guy. Outside of that, Im just a guy whos truly concerned about others... God, family, friends... those things are important to me. In three words, how would your teammates and friends describe you? Ummm... Passionate. Aggressive. Can I get back to you on the third one? In three words, would your coaches describe you in the same way? I hope they see me as a player who can help make the game better for me and my teammates, who just plays the game hard and competes. But Id say... Ummm... Coachable. Humble. Quiet. How heavy is the Dayton Flyers bandwagon now that you guys slayed a couple huge dragons in The Ohio State University and Syracuse? (Laughs) I dont know about that. We do know we have a lot of people behind us, but what these guys in the locker room... what we do together with the help of the coaches and of course the fans is a blessing. We just want to take it as far as we can. Describe your mindset once you knew your team would be facing OSU. It was very exciting. Playing in March Madness is an honour. Playing with a guy who transferred from Ohio State gave it some other elements, but we just see it as another opportunity to prove ourselves. Was there a lot of personal, in-state rivalry talk and emotion involved? No, it wasnt really personal. I mean, we have Jordan Sibert, who transferred from OSU and guys from Ohio, but all we wanted to do is compete and get the win, no matter who was in front of us. Now that youve beaten Stanford, how do you think you guys match up against Florida? Honestly, I havent been watching too much, really. Floridas very good. They were No. 1 in the country...the No. 1 seed in the entire tournament. Its going to be a tough matchup. But were here for a reason, too. Whats the best thing about this March Madness experience for you? Anything can happen. People dont believe in the Dayton Flyers. We do. We stick together. We believe. With so many Canadians affecting the outcomes of games in a major way in March Madness, what do you think this means for the future of the Canadian National Team? Our national team has a very bright future. Steve Nash, Jay Triano and Rowan Barrett have done a great job in developing the program. The coaching is excellent. I would love to play if I were invited to compete. With so many other great young players in the program, Id love to go back to compete and contribute. Weve seen players have big March Madness performances in the past and turn that into a high NBA draft status. Has this been something youve thought about seriously at all? Not really. I mean, its a dream. But right now, Im very focused on what were trying to achieve here at Dayton. Its a special group of guys and I love how together we are and what I think we can accomplish. Youre climbing up the list of most famous people from Whitby, Ontario. Theres former two-time Stanley Cup champ and Olympic Gold Medalist NHLer Adam Foote, the late WWE wrestler Test (Andrew Martin), the rapper/musician k-os... and you! Do you climb that list with every March Madness win? (Laughs) I guess so. I didnt even know there was a list like that. Whatever happens, my team and I have gotten a lot of support from fans, friends and family. While I cant respond to each and every one personally, I am grateful... very thankful to everyone. This whole experience has been awesome. I wont forget it. If DyShawn Pierre had to walk away from basketball forever after Dayton wins the National Championship, what would he do with the rest of his life? What? NOOO! I really couldnt see my life without basketball. I really love the game. Somehow, someway, I would want to be a part of something basketball-related. More than anything, though, Id just like to enjoy life. Its been a humbling experience so far. I cant wait to see what the future holds. Doug McDermott Jersey . The thunderous cheers quickly changed to an appreciative chant: "Ma-son! Ma-son! Ma-son! Headed to New York with new life, Mason sure earned this curtain call. Russell Westbrook Jersey . The Stampeders announced the move on Wednesday. Bell spent his first two CFL seasons with the B. http://www.authenticthunderauthority.co ... ersey-c-9/. Thornton emerged as one of the leagues best defensive ends against the run in 2013. The former undrafted free agent from Division II Southern Arkansas led Philadelphias linemen with 78 tackles and had one sack. Gary Payton Jersey . Sweeting scored two in the first and three in the second before Strong (4-4) got two back in the fourth. Sweeting then scored three in the fifth, two in the sixth and one in the seventh to grab a commanding 9-2 lead. Steven Adams Jersey . We wonder if the price of a Roberts rookie card has at least gone up a few cents? Tribute Tweets #Padres Tony Gwynn had 287 career plate appearances against #Braves trio of Maddux, Glavine, & Smoltz, he hit . LOS ANGELES -- Delmon Young had a career-high six RBIs, helping John Lannan breeze to his first victory with Philadelphia, and the Phillies got homers from Michael Young and John Mayberry in a 16-1 rout of the Dodgers on Friday night, snapping Los Angeles season-best, six-game winning streak. Phillies All-Star first baseman Ryan Howard, batting .268 overall and .173 against left-handers, was given the day off by manager Charlie Manuel with lefty Chris Capuano starting for the Dodgers. And with lefty Hyun-Jin Ryu scheduled to pitch for the Dodgers on Saturday, Manuel said he would give the 2006 NL MVP another day off before putting him back in the lineup for Sundays series finale. Despite Howards absence from the lineup, the Phillies ended up with a season-high 21 hits, including four by Michael Young. Delmon Young had an RBI single in the first inning, a two-run double in the second, a run-scoring fielders choice grounder in the sixth and a two-run single in the seventh. The Phillies, who hadnt had more than nine runs and 16 hits in a game all season, also got a pair of run-scoring singles from Jimmy Rollins -- matching his RBI total for his previous 10 games combined. Michael Youngs leadoff homer in the fourth gave Philadelphia a 7-0 lead. Lannan made it 8-0 with his RBI single in the fifth, and the Phillies extended the margin to 12-0 with a four-run sixth highlighted by Mayberrys two-run homer off Peter Moylan. They added three more in the seventh. The 15-run losing margin was the largest for the Dodgers since they moved to Los Angeles after the 1957 season. Things got so ugly for the Dodgers, utilityman Skip Schumaker was summoned by manager Don Mattingly to pitch the ninth inning. He struck out pinch-hitter Humberto Quintero with the bases loaded on his 24th pitch after retiring his first two batters. Schumaker also threw a scoreless inning of relief on April 29 against Colorado in the Dodgers 12-2 loss at Chavez Ravine. Lannan (1-2) gave up five hits over seven innings in his sixth start with the Phillies and third since coming off the disabled list. The left-hander, who spent his six previous big league seasons with Washington, has won his last five decisions against the Dodgers.dddddddddddd Lannen also was 3 for 4 at the plate. Two seasons ago, he hit his first major league home run at Dodger Stadium in a 7-2 win for the Nationals. The Dodgers run came on a sixth-inning double by pinch-hitter Scott Van Slyke, who was reinstated from the disabled list after missing 15 games because of bursitis in his left shoulder. Capuano (2-5) surrendered seven runs and 10 hits over 3 2-3 innings in his third start off the DL, after throwing a combined 11 scoreless innings against the Yankees and Padres during the last road trip. He has a 9.00 ERA in five starts at Dodger Stadium this season, compared to a 1.35 figure on the road. Two of the runs off Capuano were unearned, the result of a fielding error by three-time Gold Glove first baseman Adrian Gonzalez on a two-out grounder by Domonic Brown in the second. NOTES: Howard, in the second season of a five-year, $125 million contract, is batting .268 overall with 10 homers and 41 RBIs -- including a current 0 for 16 drought that includes eight strikeouts. In Thursday nights series-opening 6-4 loss, he grounded into an inning-ending double play on a 3-0 pitch. "Right now hes uncomfortable and hes not seeing (lefties) good," said Manuel, who met privately with Howard and hitting coaches Wally Joyner and Steve Henderson. "Its just a matter of him getting his swing back and getting in a good groove. So were going to do some drills with him, do some work with his hitting and also give him some time -- let him sit down and kind of clear his head and well where he goes. And hes fine with it." ... Delmon Young had as many as five RBIs in a game on two previous occasions, most recently on Oct. 2, 2009, against Kansas City while playing for Minnesota. ... The Phillies optioned INF Freddy Galvis to Triple-A Lehigh Valley to clear a roster spot for INF John McDonald, who was acquired in a trade with Cleveland on Thursday. ... INF Luis Cruz, who is out of minor league options, was designated for assignment. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа