Целый мир

Форум для друзей
Текущее время: 20 янв 2022, 07:03

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: The Way To Select The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #016
СообщениеДобавлено: 30 мар 2021, 23:10 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: Manchester
6 Cigar Humidification Approaches

Now that you have a good understanding of what a hygrometer does and what can happen if your humidity is too high or too low, let's discuss how to actually control the humidity in your humidor. Regrettably, you can not just use a damp paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck system was my very first means to control the humidity in my humidor and boy, was it stressful. This is actually the"puck" that is included with humidors the majority of the time and requires one to boil it into propylene glycol. I discovered it to be a little bit of a guessing game since you have to make sure your"puck" does not run out of juice. It had been mostly stressful since I utilized the crummy free version from my humidor so results may vary. I only had to re-soak each 30-45 days and found it to be more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is very easy. It takes approximately 30 seconds and you simply buy the propylene glycol individually. This remedy is odorless and just replaces water as a pure form of moisture. Using tap water can create problems because of chlorine or other chemicals, and distilled water will not stay moist as long as propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make very simple to use products that you can merely open and pop it in a humidor such as this
rabbit air. These include a much more controlled way of managing humidity than the puck technique. The only bad thing is you have to replace these entirely most of the time every 3-6 months completely. I don't advise attempting to"re-soak" them together with the propylene glycol. The beauty of these, especially the tubes is they don't take up much space in your humidor. However, depending on the size, the jar arrangement may work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Like the jar or tubes from Xikar and Drymistat, it is possible to go with a very controlled method of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favorite cigar humidification strategy and ones that I use for the tupperdor today. However, they can err a little on the large side in terms of humidity should you use them in a tupperdor. I would aim to go a few percentages lower in the preferred humidity as a result if you've got a tupperdor. Otherwise they do a fantastic job of consuming humidity whether it's too high and growing if it's too low. As soon as your package is stiff, then you simply throw it away. That being said, many claim to have the ability to recharge these quite easily simply by soaking them for a few days after they become stiff. Even though this might be a great way to save money, the recharged packs definitely will not be as precise as an original. To find out more about how to recharge, check out this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I don't recharge since I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on cigars, I don't want to cut any corners to save a few dollars on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a frequent humidity method which many recommend across cigar forums. This provider revolves around these beads and they have a great deal of diehard followers to their product. These are popular with larger humidors or even wineadors. These are probably one of the more expensive options but last forever. They do require spraying of distilled water following week or two though so you have to stick to a program. This method is somewhat more geared towards the advanced cigar collectors. Normally, cigar collectors will have a pouch of these beads or a coating at the base of the wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There is nothing greater than the place it and overlook a electric humidifier, particularly if you've got a big or precious collection. All these are a little expensive when compared with the other options such as electric cigar humidor but there's the advantage of very little upkeep. The units also work best if plugged -- so you will be asked to run a level cord to the exterior of your humidor. However a few of these units have some really cool features like wi-fi capacities and can humidify up to 1,000 cigars! (That would be a lot of Boveda packs...) You do need to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 weeks but it's relatively inexpensive.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
To get a bigger wineador setup, many recommend kitty litter as a viable choice to control humidity. I've never done this but many swear by it. This is a very similar technique to the Heartfelt beads strategy outlined previously. The crucial thing is to get a kitty litter with no odor and spray on distilled water every two to three weeks as required. I've seen very positive reviews out of Exquisicat Crystals with very low dust nor odor.

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа