Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: ld then be held and require a three-fourth
СообщениеДобавлено: 19 апр 2019, 10:58 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: hefei
NAPLES, Italy -- Fabio Fognini overcame an injury and tough resistance from James Ward to give Italy a 1-0 lead over Britain on the rain-delayed opening day of their Davis Cup quarter-final Friday. Andy Murrays match against Andreas Seppi was then suspended due to poor light with the British No. 1 leading 6-4, 5-5 after just under two hours of play. The match will resume Saturday morning ahead of the doubles. Fognini was made to struggle against a player ranked 148 places below him before winning 6-4, 2-6, 6-4, 6-1 in more than three hours to preserve his remarkable Davis Cup record on clay. The start was delayed by more than two hours because of rain in Naples. Ward powered into a 3-0 lead as Fognini double-faulted twice in his first service, game but the 13th-ranked Italian fought back by winning four games in succession before taking the opening set. It looked to be a similar story in the second set as Ward again rushed into a 3-0 lead before allowing Fognini back in. But this time it was the Briton who took four games in a row and levelled the match with a drop shot. Fognini had been hampered by a left thigh injury in the buildup to the series and also had heavy taping by his ribs. He had to receive medical treatment before the start of the third set. Fognini broke quickly in the third and maintained the advantage, saving two break points before serving out the set. Ward then seemed to tire as Fognini comfortably took the fourth and final set, sealing the win with a short volley at the net. Murray, who is ranked eighth in the world, was made to work against Seppi before breaking in the seventh game and going on to claim the opening set. Both players struggled with their service game and Murray had to save four set points in an enthralling final game of the day. The two-time Grand Slam champion is looking for his sixth consecutive win against Seppi as Britain attempts to reach the Davis Cup semifinals for the first time since 1981. Italy has not lost at home to Britain since 1926 and will be hoping the vociferous home support can help it reach the final four for the first time in 16 years. Carlos Baerga Jersey . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. Eddie Robinson Jersey . -- Omar Infante walked past the visiting clubhouse at Kauffman Stadium, where he dressed so many times as a member of the Detroit Tigers, and slipped on a crisp, new Kansas City Royals jersey. http://www.indianssale.com/indians-jim-thome-jersey/. I suppose Sternberg has earned the right to speak out since his Rays, despite one of the lowest payrolls in the Majors at $58 million, are entering the final weekend of the regular season holding down the first Wild Card spot in the American League, one game ahead of Cleveland and two up on Texas. Ricky Vaughn Jersey .com) - Even-money favorite Liams Map proved a little too tough down the stretch and won Saturdays $100,000 Harlans Holiday Stakes at Gulfstream Park. Manny Ramirez Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. LOS ANGELES -- NBA Hall of Famer Magic Johnson says Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has badly outdated views about minorities and is shockingly ignorant about HIV and AIDS for such a prominent public figure. "Hes living in the stone ages," Johnson said in an interview that aired Tuesday with CNNs Anderson Cooper, a day after Sterling made his first public comments since racist recordings emerged last month and earned him a lifetime NBA ban. "You cant make those comments about African-Americans and Latinos. You just cant do it." In Sterlings interview with Cooper, Sterling repeatedly brought up the ex-NBA stars HIV and called him an unfit role model for children. Johnson mostly avoided lashing back at criticism from Sterling, who at one point cut off Coopers listing of Johnsons achievements to loudly say "Hes got AIDS!" Johnson, who is HIV positive but does not have AIDS, said he was surprised Sterling didnt make the distinction. "Heres a man who you would think would be educated, and a man who is smart enough to build this type of wealth and own a team and have an incredible platform to change the world," Johnson said. "But hes doing it in a negative way." Johnson is now a part-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers and was once a part-owner of the Lakers after the playing career that was cut short by his contracting HIV in 1991. "I came out like a man, I told the world," Johnson said of his famous public press conference announcing his retirement. "I didnt blame nobody else. I understood what I did was wrong. And I hope that I was able to help people." Johnson, who said he has known Sterling since he first came to LA to play for the LLakers more than 30 years ago, said he didnt know how he got stuck in the middle of a situation that should have been a personal dispute between Sterling and V.dddddddddddd Stiviano. Stiviano recorded Sterling making racist comments about a photo of herself and Johnson on Instagram. "Hes trying to find something to grab on to help him save his team," Johnson said, "and its not going to happen." Sterlings comments won him a quick and stinging rebuke from NBA commissioner Adam Silver, who said owners were working quickly to force Sterling out of the league. On Tuesday his fellow owners in the leagues advisory/finance committee met via conference call, discussed the CNN interview and reviewed the status of the charge for termination of the Clippers ownership. Silver or an owner has to formally charge Sterling in writing with violating Article 13 of the NBAs constitution. A hearing would then be held and require a three-fourths vote of the board of governors to force Sterling to sell the team he has owned since 1981. Clippers coaches and players, in Oklahoma City on Tuesday for their playoff series against the Thunder, were asked about Sterlings latest comments, and most said they were doing their best to ignore them. "I wasnt looking for him to say anything, to be honest," coach Doc Rivers said. "I was focused on our guys, and being above all that. Hes going to keep doing what he does, and we have to keep doing our jobs." Centre Ryan Hollins said the teams playoff success amid the constant controversy is "a tribute to Doc and the character of our guys." "I think weve always just had the mind-set of basketball first," Hollins said. ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа