Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: it 6-4 with 8:31 left, but then Eberle scored into an
СообщениеДобавлено: 29 янв 2019, 03:56 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: sdaf
MILWAUKEE -- As his team closes in on its first NL Central crown since 2008, Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon plans to give many of his every day plays as much time off as necessary to gear up what many hope to be a lengthy postseason run.But with a comfortable lead in the division -- even after a 12-5 drubbing Tuesday night -- at the hands of the rebuilding Milwaukee Brewers -- is expecting the same kind of focus and mindset that put the Cubs in this position to begin with.I dont care what our record is. I expect our guys to play the game right, Maddon said. Our guys, from Spring Training right to now, man, Ive been really pleased and impressed with our ability to come ready to play every night.Mike Montgomery will try to get Chicago back on track Wednesday when the Cubs wrap-up a three-game series in Milwaukee. Itll be the fourth start for Montgomery since he was acquired from the Mariners on July 23.Hes yet to earn a decision as a starter, allowing eight runs (seven earned) in 13 1/3 innings in those contests. Overall, Montgomery is 1-1 with a 4.09 ERA in 10 appearances with the Cubs.We think he can be very, very helpful to us, Maddon said of Montgomerys role down the stretch. Its an easy delivery. Hes pitching with confidence. I can see him settling in. And he knows he belongs here and can do this and be good.Matt Garza takes the mound for his 16th start of the season hoping to carry over the momentum from his last outing, when he pitched a seven-inning gem against the Cardinals in Milwaukee.Garza held St. Louis to a run on three hits and walked a pair while striking out eight over seven innings of work.Hes got a little string going right now that hes really making pitches, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. Hes doing a good job moving the ball in and out and really using his curveball in good spots. His slider has been good and hes been getting some strikeouts with his slider.Not normally a strikeout pitcher, Garza has fanned 17 over his last two outings, spanning 12 1/2 innings.Ive just been trying to get back to normal where Im comfortable being, Garza said. Ive said it time and time again, its just progression. I finally feel back to where I should be. Im not fighting my body anymore, Im not fighting my pitches. Im actually getting to be able to play pain-free and its exciting for me.Its been three, four years since I have been like this. Its been exciting. I found my slider, my breaking stuff, Im just going to run with it now. Im just going to keep the same mentality and keep running with it. Just embrace the moment and go out there and have some fun.Garza has made one start against the Cubs this season, allowing three runs in five innings of a 4-0 loss in the first game of an Aug. 16 double-header at Wrigley Field. Jae Crowder Jersey . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. Donovan Mitchell Jersey .Y. -- Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo. http://www.officialjazzauthenticstore.com/kids-rudy-gobert-jazz-jersey/ . Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2. Ricky Rubio Jersey .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Pete Maravich Jersey . -- On the field, it was business as usual for Jameis Winston and No. EDMONTON, Alberta -- Connor McDavid wanted to start things right at Rogers Place, the new home of the Edmonton Oilers.McDavid scored two straight goals in the second period and had an assist, lifting the Edmonton Oilers over the Calgary Flames 7-4 on Wednesday night in the first game at Rogers Place.The night began with a ceremony where former Oilers greats Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier figuratively passed the torch to the 19-year-old phenom, the youngest captain in NHL history.The anticipation for this game was huge and the fans were excited and all the greats were in the building, McDavid said. It was an exciting night for our whole organization and it was a good way to start it.Im kind of happy its over. Ill definitely take a lot of good memories from tonight and move on with those.Edmonton led the season opener 3-1 after one period on goals by Patrick Maroon, Tyler Pitlick and Zack Kassian. Alex Chiasson had a first-period score for the Flames.Troy Brouwer and Michael Frolik scored in the second period to tie it 3-3, but then McDavid got goals with 7:43 and 5:27 left in the second for a two-goal lead -- the second score came on a penalty shot.First-round pick Jesse Puljujarvi scored for Edmonton in his NHL debut in the third period. Dennis Wideman had the final goal for Calgary, and then Jordan Eberle added an empty-netter.Cam Talbot stopped 37 shots for Edmonton.Brian Elliott made 21 saves in his first game with the Flames. Elliott was traded from St. Louis to Calgary in the offseason.It was kind of one of those nights where everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, Elliott said. Thats not the way you want to start the season.The Oilers moved into Rogers Place this year after 42 seasons at Rexall Plaace.ddddddddddddMcDavid snapped a 3-all tie with his first goal, banking in a backhand shot. He then scored his penalty shot goal minutes later, approaching Elliott slowly and beating the goalie following a series of quick dekes.He was Connor. He was our leader. He had fire in his eyes, said coach Todd McLellan.The first shot in the new arena yielded the first goal when Maroon tipped Leon Draisaitls shot past Elliott 1:10 into the game.Chiasson scored 36 seconds later, swinging out from behind the net and then batting in his own rebound behind Talbot.At 5:34, Pitlick gave Edmonton two goals on two shots, ending a 2-on-1 break by beating Elliott up high.Kassian added to the Oilers lead with 4:48 left in the first, taking a long pass from Oscar Klefbom and making a nifty move to beat Elliott.Brouwer intercepted a pass and scored on a short-handed breakaway 8:26 into the second, and then Frolik capitalized on a turnover by Milan Lucic to tie it with 9:09 left in the period.After McDavids goals, Puljujarvi scored 9 minutes into the third on a power play. Wideman made it 6-4 with 8:31 left, but then Eberle scored into an empty net with 1:22 left.Game notes The 2016 first-round draft selections for both teams made their NHL debuts in the game, as fourth overall pick Puljujarvi dressed for Edmonton and sixth overall selection Matthew Tkachuk played for Calgary. ... Starting on Calgarys top line was veteran Kris Versteeg, who spent the entire preseason on a tryout with the Oilers before surprisingly signing on with the Flames.UP NEXTThe teams play again Friday night, this time in Calgary. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа