Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: have been hom
СообщениеДобавлено: 30 дек 2018, 05:58 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: China
The Toronto Blue Jays are 2 1/2 games back of the Baltimore Orioles for first in the American League East and currently hold the second AL wild card spot with a two game-lead on the New York Yankees and Seattle Mariners. With other teams having already made moves, the Jays are in prime position to be buyers before Thursdays trade deadline. There has been speculation that the Jays have made a recent push in trying to acquire the services of Boston Red Sox pitcher Jon Lester. The problem, however, is whether or not the Jays are willing to go all in this year and sell their most highly-touted prospects. According to TSN Baseball Analyst Steve Phillips, "the Red Sox will ask for Marcus Stroman or Aaron Sanchez and are going to add more prospects on top of that; probably a three-player package with one of those starters and big arms in the deal going back to Boston." The Red Sox would not necessarily be against dealing Lester to their divisional rival because the likelihood of the 30-year-old re-signing with Toronto is slim. "I think they [Red Sox] would trade Lester to the Blue Jays to get the best package in return, understanding theyre not really going to compete against Toronto to re-sign Lester next year. Theyre not worried about winning this year; theyre worried about winning next year." The Red Sox starting pitcher - who was pulled out of his scheduled Wednesday start against Toronto late Tuesday night - is 10-7 with a 2.52 earned-run average this season. Phillips believes the Blue Jays are also considering other options at lower prices to add to their pitching depth, including a possible reunion with Philadelphia Phillies starting pitcher A.J. Burnett. "I think theyre in on A.J. Burnett," said Phillips. "But you might also see them in on Ian Kennedy, you might see them in on a Bartolo Colon or a Tommy Milone from the As, so there is a number of things that can still happen with some pretty good pitching available." Burnett spent three seasons with Toronto from 2006 to 2008. This year with the Phillies, hes 6-10 with a 4.15 ERA in 149.2 innings pitched. The option is more appealing if the Jays are not willing to part with Stroman or Sanchez. Stroman has become one of their hottest starting pitchers over the last two months. The 23-year-old has allowed two or less runs in seven of his last nine outings. Since being called up on July 22, Sanchez has pitched four innings out of the bullpen and has yet to walk a batter. Regardless of the young talent, other teams in the American League are getting better through last season trades. The Yankees acquired Chase Headley from the San Diego Padres and Brandon McCarthy from the Arizona Diamondbacks earlier this month. The Mariners re-acquired Kendrys Morales, the Athletics traded for Jeff Samardzija and the Tigers picked up Joakim Soria. Phillips thinks its the Jays time to show the American League that they are in it to win it. "This is the year for the Blue Jays to go for it;" Phillips explained. "When can you predict again that youre going to have the Red Sox in last place in the division, the Rays struggling under .500 and the New York Yankees trying to figure out who they are and if they can truly compete. "John Gibbons was in the Mets organization when I was general manager and he used to say to me all the time Steve, you only get a chance to go there every so often. Go for it when you have the opportunity. Gibbons is probably saying the same thing to Alex Anthopoulos." DeMarcus Cousins College Jersey . - San Diego Padres centre fielder Cameron Maybin is going to be out two to three months after rupturing his left biceps tendon during a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday. Wholesale Kentucky Jerseys . General manager David Poile called signing Ribeiro a great opportunity to add a talented, experienced and creative centre Tuesday when he introduced the veteran at a news conference. Ribeiros contract is worth $1.05 million after being bought out of the final three years of a $22 million contract by the Coyotes recently. http://www.cheapkentuckyjerseys.com/. The victory strengthened Liverpools position in the top four after Tottenham lost 1-0 at Norwich in the days late kickoff, cutting the north London club six points adrift of fourth place and the final Champions League slot for next season. Karl-Anthony Towns College Jersey . Trailing 2-1 from the first leg, Fiorentina levelled on aggregate in the 14th minute when Joaquin Sanchez Rodriguez headed back a long ball from David Pizarro and Pasqual smashed home an angled volley. Devin Booker College Jersey . The eighth-year point guard played in his 500th career game on Sunday, a 98-93 win over the Orlando Magic. Does he feel like hes played in that many games? "No," he said initially, before reconsidering.TORONTO - First things first: Episode 3 of The Baseball Podcast is up for your listening pleasure. Toronto Star baseball columnist and TSN contributor Richard Griffin joins me for a half-hour of talk on manager John Gibbons strategy when it comes to his starting pitching and struggling bullpen, whether Brett Lawrie will see increased action at second base and Jose Bautistas great start to the season. Give it a listen here. GIBBONS LIKES HIS OFFENCE The Blue Jays entered Thursdays action with 166 runs scored in 34 games. Thats an average of almost 4.9 runs per game, good for fourth in the majors. Manager John Gibbons is in his seventh season, over two tenures skipping the Blue Jays. He believes this is the strongest offence hes had. "I would think this is probably the top," said Gibbons. "My last go around here we were really strong in the pitching department. We had some good offences but I dont think it equaled what we have here now. You need that in the American League. You need to be able to slug it out." Toronto boasts the league leader in on-base plus slugging percentage (OPS) and walks. Hes Jose Bautista. Bautista and Colby Rasmus, with nine home runs each, are amongst the league leaders. Melky Cabreras 48 hits are the most in the sport this season. As a team, the Blue Jays rank second in home runs (44); second in slugging percentage (.432) and third in on-base plus slugging percentage (.761). ENCARNACION DISCUSSES FRANCISCO General manager Alex Anthopoulos has credited Edwin Encarnacion with helping to lure Juan Francisco to the Blue Jays. "Ive known Juan from a long time ago, he was playing with me in Cincinnati," said Encarnacion. "When he was young, I was older in here and hes one of my best friends. He had a couple of more (options) to go so I called him and asked him to come here because they can give him the opportunity to play here at this level.dddddddddddd" Francisco, 26, hit 18 home runs last season while playing with the Braves and Brewers but was cut by Milwaukee late in spring training. He signed a minor league deal with the Blue Jays on April 2 and began the year at Triple-A Buffalo. His contract was selected on April 20 to replace Adam Lind, who went on the disabled list with a back injury. Aside from the opportunity the Blue Jays could afford him, Encarnacion was pressed Francisco to come to Toronto out of fear he would sign with another American League East team. The division, specifically the ballparks in the division, are friendly to power-hitting left-handed bats. "Thats why I dont want him to go to another team, like Tampa or another team," said Encarnacion. SANTOS STARTING FROM SCRATCH Sergio Santos pitched a scoreless eighth inning in Wednesdays 10-0 win over the Phillies. Thanks to the big lead it was a pressure-free inning. After two-straight outings featuring blown saves and three on the season, Santos is in the process of rebuilding his confidence. "It was nice to execute on the things that I wanted to do as far as locating my fastball, moving it in and out," said Santos. "It was nice. Its a nice first step, hopefully in the right direction." His stuff is good. Santos has struck out 18 hitters in 10 1/3 innings. The problem is hes walked nine and of the 12 hits hes allowed, three have been home runs. Santos expects more of himself. "Hopefully I can build off what happened (Wednesday) night and never look back again," he said. LAWRIE UPDATE Brett Lawrie took part in batting practice and fielded ground balls before Thursdays game. He left the fourth inning of Monday nights game in Philadelphia with lingering tightness in his right hamstring. Fridays game against the Angels may be more hopeful than reality. Lawries more likely to return on the weekend. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа