Целый мир

Форум для друзей
Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 17:03

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: er the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday. It was the 22nd career
СообщениеДобавлено: 14 сен 2018, 07:46 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: adafsdfsdgdsfg
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Rajai Davis couldnt have drawn up his role in the Blue Jays two-run third inning on Saturday any better. Aboard on a lead off bunt single, pushed past the pitcher to the first base side. Follow it up with a stolen base and an advance to third on a ground ball before scoring on another ground out. Davis speed is the gift. It cant be taught. How he uses his speed to his advantage, particularly for stealing bases, is a product of years of work. "I think it just comes from a lot of experience," said Davis. "I think I have 251 minor league stolen bases and (259) in the Bigs. Thats a lot of experience right there. That alone, youve got an idea of what pitchers are going to do, what they want to do. They all seem to fall into the same rhythm or the same routine of things." Davis 36 stolen bases through Saturday tie him with Milwaukees Jean Segura for third-most in the majors. A significant number under normal circumstances, the fact Davis has appeared in only 80 games, 54 as a starter, makes the total even more impressive. "There are a number of people I can think of that have speed," said Davis. "Not all of them steal bases though. Its something you have to develop and its something you have to work on constantly. Its just like hitting, youve got to constantly get better and learn the pitchers and learn what they want to do and while youre doing it youve got to still remain calm, cool and collected." The process of becoming a base stealer, not just a fast runner, began immediately after Davis was drafted in 2001 by the Pirates. He sidled up to minor league instructors like Gary Redus, who stole 322 bases in a career that spanned 13 seasons, and Tony Beasley, who swiped 138 bags playing almost a decade in the minors. After moving on to San Francisco and then Oakland, Davis picked the brain of Rickey Henderson whenever he was around the Athletics facilities. Here, now, with the Blue Jays, Davis spent time this spring studying video and talking with roving base running instructor Tim Raines. Henderson and Raines are two of the all-time greats. "If you look at video, what are you looking for? Thats the key," said Davis. "Now you talk with them, theyll tell you what to look for. Theyve got some things that you can look for. But video, to me, is useless unless you know what youre doing, unless you know what youre looking for. Talking with them is gaining knowledge." He thrives on the cat-and-mouse game with the pitcher. Davis gets to first; he knows the pitcher is distracted by his presence. Hes used to diving back to the bag, the subject of regular pick-off attempts. Some mean business, others attempt to get Davis to shorten his lead. If Davis takes off, the pitcher wants his catcher to have a chance. Davis says Tigers right-hander Max Scherzer has one of the best pick-off moves in the game. He was impressed by Travis Blackley, a young left-hander in the Astros organization who came to Toronto with Houston for a series last month. Sometimes, he sees something he hasnt before. "This year, Ive seen David Price break out the step off move for the first time in my career," said Davis. "Ive never seen him do that. Maybe he was trying to get better, trying to slow down the running game. Its always changing and youve got to adjust, got to think on the fly. It helps when youve got the experience dealing with a lot of times on base and stealing bases." Davis will be eligible for free agency for the first time this offseason. His future in Toronto is put into doubt by the business of the game. The Blue Jays have more than $100-million worth of guaranteed contracts for 2014 and arbitration eligibility for the likes of Colby Rasmus and J.P. Arencibia to deal with. Whether he fits into the budget, both term and money, is a matter for both sides to hammer out. Regardless, hell be in demand. Speed is always in demand. "I think the best thing for me is just to focus on what I need to do daily because whats going to happen in the future is just going to happen based on what I do daily," said Davis. "If I can continue to focus on doing my part, contributing, just staying focused on getting on base, stealing bases, doing what I do, I think that my future will take care of itself." REYES DOWN FOR WEEKEND Shortstop Jose Reyes has been playing with a sore right knee for about two weeks. The pain intensified toward the end of the Boston series and has reached the point where rest is needed. "I think Ive put a lot of pressure on the good leg because I dont want to put pressure on my ankle," said Reyes. "I think that caused a little problem there." Reyes missed 66 games with a sprained left ankle earlier this season. Until Saturday, he had started each of the 45 games since his return and had been removed from only three games, all blowout losses. He says he showed up to Tropicana Field intending to play but took the advice of trainer George Poulis and manager John Gibbons to take rest. Would he be available to pinch hit in a pinch? "If they need me Ill be ready in the dugout," said Reyes. The plan is to have Reyes return on Tuesday in New York. The Blue Jays have an off day on Monday. JOHNSON STAYING BACK Josh Johnson, on the disabled list with a strained right forearm, will split from the club when it heads to New York on Sunday evening. Hell continue to rest and rehab under the watch of team doctors in Dunedin. LIND UP A NOTCH Adam Linds two round trippers on Saturday moved him into sole possession of eighth on the Blue Jays all-time home run list. His 136 home runs with Toronto is one more than Ernie Whitts total. WHITE BOARD MESSAGE With a win on Sunday, the Blue Jays will take a series in Tampa Bay for the first time in six years. Its significant. Remember, because the Rays are a division rival, Toronto visits Tropicana Field three times a year for a total of nine or 10 games. Coaches and players recognize the importance. Someone, an unidentified Blue Jay, even took to the white board to jot down a message after Saturdays victory. "THIS TEAM HAS NOT WON A SERIES HERE SINCE 2007. LETS CHANGE THAT TOMORROW." Geron Christian Jersey . Reimer is winless (0-2-1) since returning from a six-week absence due to concussion-like symptoms. The Maple Leafs dropped a 4-2 decision to the hosting Washington Capitals on Friday. Custom Washington Redskins Jerseys . The Mavericks avoided a season sweep by the Nuggets, who ran away with a win in Denver two weeks ago to hand Dallas its longest losing streak at three games. Dallas (42-28) got a boost in the playoff race when Miami rallied from seven down in the last 3 1/2 minutes to beat Memphis 91-86 Friday night. http://www.redskinsfansproshop.com/Reds ... l?cat=1346. - Loosening up for their first training camp practice, the Miami Dolphins high-stepped sideways up and down the field while House of Pains song "Jump Around" blared on the loudspeakers. Alex Smith Jersey . James Jones got his turn Sunday. And the lift he brought, combined with the expected playoff showings from LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, have the Heat off and running in these playoffs. Jonathan Allen Jersey . The ninth-seeded Safarova doused Swede Johanna Larsson 6-2, 6-3 on the green clay at Family Circle Tennis Center. The Czech player was a finalist here two years ago and captured back-to-back doubles titles in 2012 and last year. LOS ANGELES -- Steve Mason posted his second shutout in three games with 35 saves and Wayne Simmonds scored his 100th NHL goal, leading the Philadelphia Flyers to a 2-0 victory over the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday. It was the 22nd career shutout and third this season for Mason, who stopped 33 shots in a 5-0 win against Detroit last Tuesday after getting pulled by coach Craig Berube in two of his previous three starts. Mason got a break with less than 3 1/2 minutes left, when Justin Williams tried a wraparound and hit the left post. Claude Giroux added his 17th goal on a power play with 1:58 left, converting a cross-ice pass at the left of the crease from Scott Hartnell while Matt Greene was serving an interference penalty. The Flyers have scored a power-play goal in six straight games. The Kings have scored fewer than three goals in 16 of 20 games since their 25-8-4 start, and are 5-13-2 during that stretch with five shutout losses. They have only three goals in their past six games combined, all of them by Anze Kopitar. The Flyers had managed only five shots on net before Simmonds got his 18th goal at 7:48 of the first period. Jonathan Quick, who faced only 13 shots, overplayed Vincent Lecavalier at the right of the crease along with Kings defenceman Jake Muzzin following a turnover by the Kings in their zone, and Simmonds slammed the puck into a wide-open net. The Kings Robyn Regehr played in his 1,000th NHL regular-season gamme, becoming the 98th defenceman in NHL history to reach that plateau, and the club marked the occasion with a pregame ceremony.dddddddddddd Regehrs first game was Oct. 28, 1999, with the Calgary Flames at Ottawa. Among those taking part in Saturdays ceremony were former Calgary teammate Craig Conroy and Regehrs grandmother, who wore a Flames jersey with his old No. 28. It was the first meeting between the Kings and Flyers since Oct. 15, 2011, when Los Angeles won 3-2. Saturday also was a reunion for Kings centre Jeff Carter, whom the Flyers traded to Columbus on June 23, 2011 -- the same day they dealt Richards to Los Angeles. Eight months later, the Kings acquired Richards by sending Jack Johnson to the Blue Jackets. Carter and Richards led Los Angeles to its first Stanley Cup title in 2012, two years after helping the Flyers get to the finals. NOTES: Richards has one goal in his past 32 games, and that one came on the power play. Carter has no goals in his past six games, following a four-game goal streak. ... Kings C Colin Fraser is one of seven forwards in the league to have played 30 or more games this season without scoring a goal -- and average at least nine minutes of ice time. ... The Kings are 19-3-0 when scoring more than two goals. ... Among the numerous Kings-Flyers connections is fan favourite Ian Laperriere, who played eight-plus seasons with Los Angeles and is now an assistant coach with Philadelphia. Wholesale Falcons Jerseys Wholesale Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Wholesale Bills Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Panthers Jerseys Wholesale Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Wholesale Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Steelers Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Packers Jerseys Wholesale Browns Jerseys Wholesale Chiefs Jerseys Wholesale Colts Jerseys Wholesale Rams Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа