Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: nd going into an empty net in the final
СообщениеДобавлено: 16 май 2018, 05:46 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: Melbourne
Its not a do-or-die game for the Toronto Argonauts, but its pretty darn close to it. When the Argos kick off against the Alouettes in Montreal Sunday at noon, theyll do so with an opportunity to win the East by going through the front door. A victory would create a three-way tie for first place in the East, but the Argos would hold the advantage in tiebreakers with both Montreal and Hamilton. If they lose, theyll need help. For all intents and purposes, its a playoff game; something thats not lost on head coach Scott Milanovich. Honestly, for us its been like this the last three or four weeks, said the coach. Its a good thing. Its not a new scenario for us. Two weeks ago against Hamilton we had to have (a win). The coach knows it will be a boisterous atmosphere at Molson Stadium from first-hand experience, having coached with the Als for five seasons before taking the head coaching job in Toronto. The fact that its a key game on the road doesnt faze him at all. The good thing is that weve played well here in the past, said Milanovich, certainly with their most recent trip to Montreal in mind, a 31-5 victory in early August. I think our guys feel good about coming here. I know theyre very confident, but so are we. Quarterback Ricky Ray knows how tough the Als defence can be. Theyve held the 12-year veteran to just 388 total passing yards in the two previous meetings this year. Ray will in all likelihood lead the CFL in touchdown passes for the first time in his career this season, but he didnt throw one against the Als two weeks ago. He knows theyll have to clean up two major areas of concern; turnovers and penalties. When you play a good team like Montreal youre not going to get a lot of opportunities to put drives together and sustain them, said Ray. You cant hurt yourself out there. Thats what we have to focus on, cleaning up those mistakes. Thats been something Ray, his teammates and their coaches have been talking about since the season began, but it remains problematic as the team prepares to play its seventeenth game of the campaign. It theyre going to be successful - aside from cleaning up the obvious - theyll have to remain patient against a very good defence that tackles exceptionally well. Youre always trying to take your shots, said the quarterback, But with these guys its difficult. They do a good job of covering those deep throws and forcing you to throw it underneath and coming up and making those tackles. So how do you counter that? Were going to have to break some of those tackles, continued Ray. The guys who dont catch the ball are going to have to rally around and try pick up some blocks to hopefully spring somebody and give them a little extra running room. There is some good news on the injury front for Toronto, 310 pounds of it. Offensive right tackle Chris Van Zeyl returns after missing last weeks game with a pretty gruesome thumb injury. I was blocking in the Montreal game and I went to punch, said Van Zeyl. It was one of those fluke accidents. I jammed it right on the top and it actually bent back on itself right at the top joint. The front of it basically blew open and I had to get stitches. Ouch. Hes worn a brace over the thumb this week at practice, but isnt so sure about how it will play out come game time. Im going to put something (different) on during warm up, said the McMaster graduate. Ill try it out and see if I can play with that. If I can play with that it will be something a little less significant than what I was wearing throughout the week in practice. Having Van Zeyl back helps on multiple fronts. The first is thats hes been the Argos best offensive lineman this season. Going a little deeper, it allows the team to start four Canadians on the o-line, something it couldnt do last week. That will free up an import at another position. Montreal is 7-1 in its last eight games. If the Argos are to beat the hottest team in the CFL theyll need Van Zeyl, Ray and everyone else wearing double blue to bring their A game. If not, the offseason may be a lot closer than they expected. Jason Kelce Jersey . - The Oakland Athletics have finalized an agreement on a 10-year extension to play at the Coliseum through the 2024 season. Wilbert Montgomery Jersey . As the only competitor to try two quads, much less complete them, Kovtun ended the day nearly nine points ahead of Japans Tatsuki Machida, who opened with a clean quad but then stepped out of the triple toe loop that was the second jump in his combination. http://www.theeaglesfootballauthentic.c ... ck-jersey/. Arsene Wenger reportedly wants to convert the player into an attacking force, much like he did with Robin Van Persie. Corey Graham Jersey .com) - Rakeem Christmas scored 21 points, B. Tommy McDonald Jersey . They say things like "stress is when you dont know what youre doing" and "I wasnt hired to motivate players, I was hired to coach motivated players." They ring as true now as they did when Mularkey heard them the first time playing tight end for the Pittsburgh Steelers Hall of Fame coach 25 years ago.VERNON, B.C. -- Chase Norrish didnt want his season, or his junior hockey career, to end one game short of the Canadian Junior A Championship game. Norrish scored the winning goal and added a key assist as the Yorkton Terriers doubled the host Vernon Vipers 6-3 in a semifinal contest at the RBC Cup Saturday. The Saskatchewan representatives will meet Ontarios Carleton Place Canadians -- who advanced with an upset comeback 4-3 win over the Dauphin Kings later Saturday -- in the final Sunday. Both Yorkton and Carleton Place are seeking their first Canadian championship. "It means quite a lot to the guys, I guess, going to the last game that you can possibly play this season," said Norrish. Norris, a 21-year-old Strongfield, Sask., native, will see his junior eligibility expire Sunday before he heads off to play U.S. college hockey next season at Rochester Institute of Technology. "Its a great feeling," said Norrish of his goal and his assist on the goal that put Yorkton ahead to stay. "I just go out and play hockey. a A lot of hard work went into this team, and its a great feeling to get to the next step." Norrish scored at 11:39 of the second period, giving the Terriers a 4-2 lead before Yorkton scored two empty-netters in the final two minutes of the game, to ensure their third straight win after starting the tournament 0-2. "We dont like to be put in a spot where were going to be eliminated," said Norrish. "It kind of sticks in some guys." Daylan Gatzke led Yorkton with two goals, with one going into an empty net, as the Terriers thwarted Vernons attempt at a desperate rally. Tanner Lishchynsky, Dylan Johnson and Tayler Thompson, into an empty net, also scored for Yorkton. Goaltender Kale Thomson made 34 saves. Brett Mulcahy, Michael McNicholas and Dexter Dancs replied for the Vipers, who enjoyed a 37-31 edge in shots. The Terriers scored on one of five power plays while the Vipers converted on two of six. Vernon overcame an early 2-0 deficit to create a 2-2 tie early in the second period. But Yorktons defence remained tight while killing a pair of penalties, including a Vernon two-man advantage for 26 seconds, in the third. "Right now, its deflating and a pretty emotional group in (the dressing room), because they have a loot of pride and they wanted to bring a seventh national title to the town of Vernon," said Vipers coach Jason Williamson. Johnson put the Terriers ahead 3-2 at 8:57 of the second period as he deflected in Norrishs wrist shot. Vernon goalttender Austin Smith, who was replaced by Danny Todosychuk after Norrishs goal, allowed four goals on 16 shots.dddddddddddd The goaltending change had an effect on the Vipers as Dancs scored during a scramble only 59 seconds later. "We played great when we were desperate, and obviously, we didnt want to go down two goals," said Dancs. "But it happened and we fought back to make it 2-2, and (the win) didnt come for us." Later, Dylan Gareaus goal on a one-timer at 10:43 of the third period gave Carleton Place the win as the fourth-place Canadians upset first-place Dauphin. The upset shocked Carleton Place coach Jason Clarke, who says he never envisioned that his team would reach the Canadian final when the season began nine months ago. "We didnt play a very good game for the first 40 minutes, and in the third period, we really showed what kind of hockey club we can be," he said. The Ottawa-area victors outshot Dauphin 16-2 in the final frame. But after taking a 1-0 lead, the Canadians had to overcome 2-1 and 3-2 deficits to forge a 3-3 tie. "The guys played great," said Carleton Place goaltender Guillaume Therien. "I struggled in the first, for sure. But I give credit to the guys, for sure, in the third. Two shots on goal in the third? What else can I ask for?" Anthony McVeigh led the Canadians with two goals, with the second going into an empty net in the final minute. Carleton Place got other goals from Luke Richards and Andy Sturtz, who also assisted on the winning goal. "We knew Dauphin was a strong team," said Sturtz. "Their goaltender (Michael Stiliadis) had an unbelievable tournament. He had a good game again today." Dylan Butler, Tanner Butler and Brayden Cuthbert scored for Dauphin. "I thought the first two periods, we played well enough to win," said Kings coach Marlin Murray. "The third period, we had a rough one. We were on our heels the whole time." The Canadians will attempt to beat Yorkton for a second time in the tournament. Carleton Place qualified for the playoff portion of the RBC Cup by beating the Terriers in the final round-robin game. Notes: Norrishs twin brother Brady also plays defence for Yorkton and will head to RIT with his sibling next season. a The Vipers last won the RBC Cup in 2010, when they earned the second of back-to-back titles. a Yorkton forward Derek Falloon is a cousin of former NHLer Pat Falloon, who was drafted second overall by the San Jose Sharks in 1991 behind Eric Lindros. Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys 2018 Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа