Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: up champions.Abdulzehra denied he
СообщениеДобавлено: 05 май 2018, 10:39 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: Melbourne
B.J. Penn has never been one to take a loss lightly. In recent years, the former UFC lightweight and welterweight champion has appeared determined to avenge previous defeats. First he evened the score with Jens Pulver, dominating the inaugural UFC lightweight titleholder en route to a submission victory in 2007. Less than two years later he attempted a similar feat against Georges St-Pierre, but suffered a late TKO loss after his corner threw in the towel. In 2010 he then snagged the rubber match with Matt Hughes, dispatching the UFC Hall of Fame inductee with a rapid-fire knockout. Though Penn has always made a point of returning the favour against fighters who have bested him in the past, he said he isnt necessarily obsessed with vengeance. "I dont know about fixated, but I believe everyone out there would want to have another shot at somebody who beat them," Penn told reporters on a recent media call. "I just think thats part of life. I just think thats human nature — bottom line." Penn now has his sight locked on the man who took his UFC lightweight championship when he once again locks horns with Frankie Edgar in the headliner of The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale in Las Vegas Sunday. The bout will also mark the Hawaiians first at featherweight. Penn admitted that while batting around ideas for his return to the Octagon, he lobbied UFC president Dana White for another crack at Edgar. As a result, the two were paired up as opposing coaches on the most recent season of TUF. "I talked to Dana and said (I wanted to) get back in and avenge a couple of my losses," Penn said. "Frankies name came up and everything got put together. "This is the first time I asked to fight Frankie. When I first had to fight Frankie, I was like, Really, Frankie, who is this? Let me check it out. Then Frankie comes out and proves himself. Frankie now is one of the best of all time in the UFC. Its definitely a fight Im looking forward to." Penn and Edgar originally met in the co-main event of UFC 112 on April 10, 2010. A sizable underdog going into the bout, Edgar pulled off a stunning upset to win the 155-pound title via unanimous decision. He then dominated Penn in the rematch to earned the judges nod four months later. Edgar admitted his second victory over Penn remains one of the most memorable of his career. "I think they were both rewarding in their own right," Edgar said. "I guess the second time was a little more reassuring just because everyone thought the first time was a fluke and I was able to get it done the second time. Maybe that one stuck out a little more for me." Though hes next on Penns hit list, Edgar can relate to the Hilo native. During his run as UFC lightweight champion he delivered a stunning knockout against Gray Maynard, who had previously handed him a decision loss in 2008. Edgar said he understands Penns motivations. "Yeah, absolutely, Ive been there before," Edgar said. "Its just competitive nature. Id think all fighters would want a chance at redemption." Though Edgar already holds two victories over Penn, hes hardly in a lose-lose situation. On top of the bout being yet another high-profile encounter against one of mixed martial arts true legends, he could also become the only fighter to go 3-0 against Penn. However, Edgar admitted he was surprised when the opportunity came across his plate. "I was definitely not expecting B.J. to be the guy I was coaching against," Edgar said. "(Dana and I) were throwing around the idea of me coaching the show. I thought I was going to miss the opportunity just because we couldnt get someone. Then he threw out the name B.J. to me. Im pretty easy going and I just jumped at it." For Penn, not only does does a victory over Edgar allow him to earn a measure of retribution, it proves hes still relevant in the ever-evolving sport of MMA. Conversely, White recently stated a loss would result in a talk about retirement. Though there is a lot at stake for him, Penn said part of his decision to return is that he simply loves to compete. "This is what I do, this is what Ive done my whole life and this is all I know," Penn said. "It just comes down to having fun and doing what I love." ----- B.J. PENN TIMELINE UFC 31 (May 4, 2001): A Brazilian Jiu Jitsu standout, Penn makes his MMA debut, picking up a first-round TKO win over Joey Gilbert. UFC 35 (Jan. 11, 2002): Penn fails to capture the UFC lightweight title, losing a majority decision to Jens Pulver. UFC 41 (Feb. 28, 2003): Penn comes up short again in his bid for the 155-pound belt, going to a controversial split draw with Caol Uno. UFC 46 (Jan. 31, 2004): Penn shocks the MMA world by moving up to welterweight and dethroning champion Matt Hughes via first-round submission. He would later be stripped of the belt after signing with K-1. K-1: Heros 1 (March 26, 2005): Penn loses a hard-fought unanimous decision to future UFC light-heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida. The Hawaiian weighed in at 191 pounds, while Machida tipped the scales at 225 pounds. UFC 58 (March 4, 2006): Penn returns to the UFC, losing a close split decision to Georges St-Pierre. UFC 63 (Sept. 23, 2006): Then-welterweight champ Hughes evens the score, handing Penn his first TKO loss . TUF 5 Finale (June 23, 2007): Penn returns to lightweight and avenges a previous defeat to Pulver via second-round submission. UFC 80 (Jan. 19, 2008): Penn bloodies and submits Joe Stevenson to win the vacant UFC lightweight championship. UFC 84 (May 24, 2008): Penn dismantles heated rival and former 155-pound titleholder Sean Sherk. UFC 94 (Jan. 31, 2009): Penn fails to avenge his earlier loss to welterweight kingpin St. Pierre, suffering the second TKO defeat of his career. UFC 112 (April 10, 2010): Following three successful title defences, Penn loses his lightweight championship to underdog Frankie Edgar via close unanimous decision. UFC 118 (Aug. 28, 2010): Edgar dominates Penn en route to a unanimous decision to prove their first encounter wasnt a fluke. UFC 123 (Nov. 20, 2010): Penn returns to welterweight and scores a blistering knockout victory over Hughes to win the rubber match. UFC on FOX 5 (Dec. 8, 2012): Penn loses a one-sided unanimous decision to current top welterweight Rory MacDonald. Speculation the MMA legend may retire begins to swirl. TUF 19 Finale (July 6, 2014): Penn will make his featherweight debut and look for redemption against Edgar. Christian Eriksen Jersey . “The fact that he was willing to do the deal the way we wanted it to be done showed that he wanted me to be a part of something great," Lowry said, noting that Ujiri willingness to sign off on the proposal that both Lowry and his agent presented to the GM was the final straw that convinced him to return. Custom Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys . The Miami Heat star tops the leagues global list of top-selling jerseys for the 2012-13 season, edging Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls, Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers, Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder and James Heat teammate Dwyane Wade for the No. http://www.hotspurfcproshop.com/michel- ... jersey-uk/. A veteran of 16 NHL seasons, Prospals career was highlighted by him ranking fourth in points scored, third in assists and sixth in games played among all Czech Republic born players in NHL history. Danny Rose Jersey . That time around, the cage is as much a part of baseballs daily routine as a beer and a hotdog is to a fan in the stands. Coaches, scouts, broadcasters and other media hover, tossing verbal barbs, telling stories and sharing laughs. Occasionally, especially in spring when the atmosphere is relatively laid back, the list of invited guests expands and on this day, Gibbons welcomed two men strongly influential in his life. Georges-Kevin NKoudou Jersey . Villarreals victory in Valencia kept it in fourth place and in control of Spains last Champions League spot. Uche broke free in the area in the 10th minute and was brought down by goalkeeper Keylor Navas, who was shown a direct red card.SYDNEY - The Asian Football Confederation has dismissed a protest from Iran over its quarterfinal loss to Iraq in the continental championship, saying the complaint over the eligibility of Alaa Abdulzehra was unfounded.The AFC disciplinary committee held an emergency meeting Sunday, on the eve of the Asian Cup semifinal between South Korea and Iraq in Sydney, and gave Iran the opportunity to produce evidence to support its claim that Abdulzehra should have been disqualified for the quarterfinals last Friday due to an alleged doping infraction while he played for Tractor Sazi last year in in the Iranian domestic league.The disciplinary committee heard oral evidence from two (Iran) officials, deliberated the matter based on its merits, and decided that the protest was unfounded, the AFC said in a statement. The protest was, therefore, dismissed.In a dramatic quarterfinal match, Iran twice scored equalizers in extra time to force a draw before losing 7-6 in a penalty shootout to the 2007 Asian Cup champions.Abdulzehra denied he was subject to any doping sanctions, and Iraqi footballl federation chief Abdul Khaliq Masood said the midfielders position in the team shouldnt be in dispute.ddddddddddddWhen (Iran) filed the objection we knew our position and the player position is correct, Masood said. Alaa Abdulzehra does not have any punishment from FIFA or the Asian federation. This allegation I think is not correct, because if he have any punishment they should (have) sent us a letter with his international card and mentioned that the player (was) being punished, and the reason for the punishment.Abdulzehra denied using any banned performance-enhancing substances, and said the Iranians were looking for excuses for their quarterfinal loss.This case should not be raised. Since I started playing football I dont have any issue like this, I never drink anything illegal, and if I need to take any (medication) I always ask the team doctor, he said. The Iranian team should be better than that. If a team cant beat you on the pitch, it should not try to find other excuses.FIFA declined to comment on the case, saying it was under the AFCs jurisdiction. Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2018 NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 
 Заголовок сообщения: Re: up champions.Abdulzehra denied he
СообщениеДобавлено: 27 июл 2018, 22:45 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: USA
Ferragamo Shoes
Pandora Outlet
Pandora Charms
Timberland Outlet