Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: picked Maidana as an opponent because M
СообщениеДобавлено: 12 апр 2018, 08:09 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: Melbourne
INDIAN WELLS, Calif. -- A year ago, Flavia Pennetta was close to retiring from tennis. Her ranking plunged to 166th in the world in June, and she had struggled to rebuild her career after having right wrist surgery the previous August. Now shes glad she stuck around. Pennetta routed Agnieszka Radwanska 6-2, 6-1 on Sunday in the BNP Paribas Open to win the biggest title of her career. "After so many years, so much work and everything, this is the moment I always waited for," she said. "And its coming when you dont expect. It was something I was waiting since long time, and finally I have a good trophy in my hands." Actually, the crystal trophy was so heavy, she didnt hoist it for photographers. The 32-year-old Italian became the third-oldest winner of the desert tournament after Martina Navratilova, who won at age 33 and again at 34 in 1990-91. It was Pennettas first title since winning at Marbella in 2010. "We are old, but we still good athletes," Pennetta said. "We are strong. We have so many years on the tour, and we know how to handle the emotion and everything." Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer resumed their long rivalry in the mens final later in the day. As the 20th seed, Pennetta became the lowest seed to win the title. She came in ranked 21st and is projected to rise to No. 12 in the world Monday in the WTA Tour rankings. She beat top-seeded Li Na in the semifinals on her way to winning the title worth $1 million. The green-white-and-red Italian flag fluttered in the breeze from the stands as Pennetta ran to hug her team. She got doused by a bottle of water from Italian mens player Fabio Fognini in celebration. "It was hot, so it was good," she said, smiling. Radwanska, seeded second, was bothered with a left knee injury during the final. She twice called for the trainer in the second set and had her knee heavily taped. She was in tears apologizing to the sympathetic crowd afterward, saying she was unable to run. "I had the tape stronger and stronger every changeover," Radwanska said. "I thought that going to help, but not really. Didnt work." It equaled the most one-sided womens final in the tournaments 26-year history. Maria Sharapova lost just three games in beating Elena Dementieva in 2006, and Lindsay Davenport dropped three games in defeating Irina Spirlea in 1997. "This one is one of the best tournaments in the world," Pennetta said. "Its mine today." Pennetta threatened from the first game of the match, when she held two break points and had one more in the third game. She finally converted in the fifth game on Radwanskas errant backhand, then broke again in the seventh game on the Poles forehand error. Pennetta won the final five games to wrap up the first set, 6-2. Radwanska held for a 1-0 lead in the second before she got the trainer on court and Pennetta called for her coach. Pennetta staved off a break point to hold at 1-1, the last challenge Radwanska offered before it became evident she wasnt herself. Radwanska said she hurt her knee a few days ago in practice. "I just didnt expect it was going to be much worse today," she said. "But when the pain is so big that nothing is working -- no painkillers, no tape -- that means it is bad." Pennettas lob over Radwanska, who didnt even try to go after it, helped her earn the break and a 2-1 lead. The Italian swept the last six games, with Radwanska ending the match on three consecutive errors. She earned $500,000. Pennettas previous biggest title came at Los Angeles in 2009, a Premier-level event that no longer exists. Sam Koch Jersey . The actual winners on transfer deadline day are those clubs such as Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City who were well prepared and managed to get their main incoming business done well ahead of the transfer window closing. Tottenham were able to add seven players by spending over 100 million pounds and also ensured maximum return for the Gareth Bale transfer to Real Madrid by managing the move superbly. Jeremy Maclin Jersey . The commissioners office said Friday that Sears tested positive for metabolites of Methandienone. Sears will be 23 in March. He signed with the Braves in June 2013 out of Arizona Christian, an NAIA school, and is on the roster of the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Braves. http://www.cheapravensshoponline.com/Yo ... ns-Jersey/. Kevin Martin and Kevin Love paced the Timberwolves like they do so often. Martin had 27 points with some key baskets down the stretch, Love had his usual double-double, and the Timberwolves snapped a three-game losing streak with a 112-106 victory Saturday night over the suddenly slipping Dallas Mavericks. Maxx Williams Jersey . Returning to Davis Cup tennis, Federer cruised past Ilija Bozoljac, winning 6-4, 7-5, 6-2 in less than two hours. Federer faced little challenge from Bozoljac, who served well but still was no match for his Swiss opponent. Albert McClellan Jersey . Terms of the contract were not disclosed by the club. Clemons spent his first five NFL seasons with the Miami Dolphins, who selected him in the fifth round of the 2009 draft out of Clemson.LAS VEGAS, Nev. - It might have been the toughest $32 million Floyd Mayweather Jr. ever made. Marcos Maidana did everything Saturday night but beat Mayweather, taking him 12 tough rounds before losing a majority decision. Mayweather remained unbeaten, but not by much. Maidana swarmed all over him from the opening bell and gave him perhaps his toughest fight in a 16-year professional career. Cut over his eye and temporarily blinded by a head butt in the fourth round, Mayweather had to rally in the last half of the fight to avoid losing for the first time since he was beaten on a controversial decision in the 1996 Olympics. In the end, though, Mayweather got the win — just as he did in his previous 45 fights in a decision that was met with disbelief by Maidana and booed heavily by the crowd. He retained his welterweight title by winning 117-111 on one scorecard and 116-112 on another. A third judge had it even at 114-114. The Associated Press scored it for Mayweather 115-113. Maidana threw far more punches, but Mayweather was more accurate with his as the two battled into the late rounds with the fight still very much in doubt. Cheered on by a large contingent of Argentine fans, Maidana took the fight to Mayweather, who was cut by the right eye in the fourth round by an accidental head butt. "It was a tough, competitive fight," Mayweather said. "I normally like to go out there and box and move. But he put pressure on me. I wanted to give the fans what they wanted to see so I stood and fought him. Maidana raised his arms in victory when the final bell sounded, and Mayweather watched pensively from his corner as the scorecards were added up before he was declared the winner. "I think I won the fight," Maidana said. "He didnt fight like a man." Punch stats by Compubox showed Mayweather landing 230 of 426 punches to 221 of 858 for Maidana. It was the most punches landed by any fighter against Mayweather in 38 fights where punch stats were compiled. Maidana had a big lead in the early rounds through his constant aggression.dddddddddddd. But Mayweather won five of the last seven rounds on two scorecards and six of seven on a third to pull out the win by a narrow margin. "I couldnt see for two rounds after the head butt," Mayweather said. "After I could see again it didnt both me. Thats what champions do, they survive and adjust." Maidana had said before the fight he was going to treat Mayweather like any other fighter and go right after him. He did just that, bringing the sellout crowd at the MGM Grand hotel to its feet as he landed some big overhand right hands to the top of Mayweathers head. "He never hurt me with a punch," Maidana said. "He wasnt that tough, I thought I won." Maidana complained about being forced to fight with gloves he didnt want to use when the two camps engaged in a standoff over gloves at the rules meeting a day earlier. "If I would have had my gloves I would have knocked him out," Maidana said. "They took away my advantage." Mayweather, who earned $32 million for the fight, was a 6-1 favourite coming to remain unbeaten. He had picked Maidana as an opponent because Maidana beat Adrien Broner in an upset in December, but he almost made the wrong pick. Mayweather seemed confused early and unable to adapt to the wild punches thrown by Maidana. It wasnt until the middle rounds that he got into more of a rhythm, hitting Maidana with hooks to the body and right punches to the head. Still, the fight was in doubt late as Maidana wouldnt quit coming forward. With the crowd on its feet in the final round he tried to land big punches, but Mayweather was able to escape most of them. Maidana, who was cheered by the crowd as he left the ring, said he wanted a rematch, and both promoter Richard Schaefer and Mayweather said he just might get one after nearly pulling off one of the biggest upsets in recent years. "If the fans want to see it again, lets do it again," Mayweather said. Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа