Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: r while hitting just .232. But he has gone de
СообщениеДобавлено: 11 апр 2018, 08:06 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: Melbourne
TORONTO -- Buffalo Sabres tough guy John Scott was looking for a fight. The Toronto Maple Leafs werent happy when he picked Phil Kessel as his opponent. Kessel, who had already scored twice in the Leafs 5-3 pre-season win on Sunday, stands at six feet tall compared to Scott, whos eight inches taller. The two arent even close to being in the same weight class and Kessel wasnt in any mood to get involved. Kessel backtracked and swung his stick a few times at Scott as several teammates rushed in. "It was pretty stupid, right? He said he was going to jump me," Kessel said. "What are you going to do? Hes a big boy so if hes coming after me, what are you going to do?" The incident came with 10 minutes left in the game and set off a line brawl and a goalie fight between Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier and Ryan Miller of the Sabres. It came right after a fight between Jamie Devane of the Leafs and Corey Tropp of the Sabres. "That guys a big guy, six foot five," said Sabres head coach Ron Rolston. "And (Tropps) a smaller guy but certainly a battler. So guys werent happy about it." Tropp was left bloodied on the ice after the fight and had to leave the game. "(Tropp) was the guy who instigated the fight," said Leafs coach Randy Carlyle when asked about the incident that allegedly left the Sabres upset and sparked Scott to go after Kessel. "Obviously maybe they felt that was the problem was that there was a bigger man fighting a smaller guy." Kessel was issued a match penalty for swinging his stick, which means an automatic suspension pending a ruling from NHL commissioner Gary Bettman. Any discipline the Leafs sniper faces will likely pale in comparison to what teammate David Clarkson may be expecting as he jumped off the bench to join the fracas. Clarkson could get 10 games for coming off the bench. "Were not proud or happy that went on, thats for sure," said Carlyle, who also said that he sent out Kessels line in the hopes of defusing the situation after the fight between Devane and Tropp. "I think Dave Clarkson made a mistake and now well pay for it." Clarkson was unavailable to the media after the game. "I think Clarkson will get 10 games for that," said Miller. "Are we going to see Clarkson our first game against these guys? I dont have my schedule. So probably not the brightest move by him. But I guess they figured they needed two guys to take down John (Scott)." As the altercation reached a fever pitch, Bernier skated out of his crease and challenged Miller. The two went at it near the Sabres blue-line. They grappled for a few minutes as the officials were otherwise preoccupied with the rest of the violence. "I just asked him if I wanted to go and obviously I dont think he seemed that he actually wanted to go but thats the way it goes," said Bernier. "Its a hockey game but you get hyper in energy and I wanted to defend my teammates." Bernier was replaced by Drew MacIntyre and Miller by Matt Hackett. Apart from Kessels two goals, the Leafs also had goals from Trevor Smith, Josh Leivo and Jake Gardiner while Nikita Zadorov, Jamie McBain and Tropp scored for Buffalo. By the end of the game, the benches on both sides were looking bare after numerous fighting majors and 10-minute misconducts were handed out. A night after the same two teams needed a 15-round shootout to settle a 3-2 win for the Leafs, Kessel opened the scoring at 1:35 of the first. Kessel was camped in front of the Sabres goal and was in the right place when Tyler Bozaks centring pass was deflected into his path and he knocked in the loose puck. Smiths first of the pre-season came just past the halfway mark when he was the beneficiary of another Buffalo deflection. Gardiner led a three-on-one rush into the Buffalo zone and fed a pass from the left side that took a deflection off a Buffalo skate and, with Miller taken out of position, Smith had a relatively easy tap-in. After Zadorov got the Sabres on the board in the dying seconds of the first, Kessel restored the lead at 15:49 of the second period when he cut toward the middle of the ice from the left side and snapped a quick shot past Miller. Leivos goal proved to be the winner at 16:52 of the third when he banged in a cross-ice pass from James van Riemsdyk. Brendan Shanahan Jersey . They are back to a game above .500 on the year and back to .500 on the road. It was their 10th extra time game of the year, and only the second one that did not got to a shootout. Ted Lindsay Jersey .C. -- Clemson celebrated a senior class Saturday that brought the program back as a national contender. http://www.redwingshockeyauthentic.com/ ... rd-jersey/. - The Denver Broncos kept rookie wide receiver Tavarres King from joining the Green Bay Packers by promoting him to their active roster Tuesday. Matthew Lorito Jersey .ca! There is plenty of blame to be shared as a result of the most recent NHL player (Pittsburghs Brooks Orpik) to be evacuated from the ice on a stretcher following an ugly incident Saturday night in Boston. Dylan Larkin Jersey .com) - Chris Kreider tallied a goal and an assist as the New York Rangers capped a successful California road trip with a 3-1 victory over the San Jose Sharks on Saturday.ARLINGTON, Texas -- Mitch Moreland tried to play through pain in his left ankle because Prince Fielder and about a dozen other Texas teammates had been sidelined by a dizzying array of injuries. Fielders replacement at first base just couldnt do it anymore. Moreland will miss about three months for surgery on an ankle thats been bothering him all season. The timing could mean that hes finished for the year, just as Fielder is after neck surgery late last month. "I felt like I was obligated to the team to go out there and give it what I had," Moreland said Sunday. "I felt like I did that for the most part until it came to a point where I cant do it." The 28-year-old Moreland had two injections to ease the pain, and he said the most recent shot lasted about five days. He finally went to manager Ron Washington to say the pain was just too strong. "Its to the point where Im hurting the team, hurting myself trying to go out there and make something happen," said Moreland, who knew surgery was coming but wanted to wait until the off-season. "Its hurting pretty bad." The Rangers, who didnt plan an immediate roster move Sunday, lead the majors in both disabled list uses with 18 and current players on the DL at 12. Moreland will become the 13th once they decide what to do about first base. Utilityman Donnie Murphy started Sunday against Cleveland. "Its hard to put your finger on it," general manager Jon Daniels saaid.dddddddddddd "Its been a little bit everything -- ankles, backs, necks, elbows, legs, shin bones. We havent been able to connect the dots." Fielder, acquired in an off-season trade that sent popular second baseman Ian Kinsler to Detroit, was supposed to restore some power to an offence that dipped significantly in 2013. But Fielder hit just three home runs in 150 at-bats before acknowledging that he was dealing with neck pain that even went back to last season. He had surgery to fuse two disks in his neck. Moreland had a career-high 23 homers last year while hitting just .232. But he has gone deep just twice in 167 at-bats this year and is hitting .246. "Hes done everything he could have done," Daniels said. "Hes fought through it, but its become apparent its limiting him." Catcher Chris Gimenez, who has given the Rangers a surprising boost with his bat, has limited experience at first base in the majors and could be an option when the Rangers make a move, likely later Sunday or Monday. Another possibility is Jim Adduci, who played first early in the season but has been out since April with a broken finger on his left hand. He was close to returning when he injured the same finger during a minor league rehab assignment Saturday. "Were just going to have to go with what weve got," Washington said. "Im just trying to make the guys I do have believe they can and just go to war. Thats it." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа