Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: week, although their Division II and III oppon
СообщениеДобавлено: 26 июн 2019, 03:03 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: sdaf
MINNEAPOLIS -- Dupree McBrayer scored 21 points and Nate Mason added 19 points and seven assists for the Minnesota Gophers, who pulled away late to beat LIU Brooklyn 76-66 on Wednesday night.Jordan Murphy added 13 points for Minnesota (11-1) as the Gophers won their fifth straight game. Eric Curry had 11 points and a team-high eight rebounds off the bench as Minnesota used its size advantage to outscore the Blackbirds 38-20 in the paint.At the end of last season both of us put in our minds that we were going to come back better players than ever, Mason said McBrayer and himself. We definitely put in the work, put in the work together sometimes. It is good to see both of us excelling.Trailing by 14 at halftime, LIU Brooklyn scored the first 12 points of the second half while connecting on four 3-pointers. But two points was as close as the Blackbirds would get, despite hitting seven 3s in the second half.Were a pretty-efficient 3-point shooting team, LIU Brooklyn coach Jack Perri said. We dont usually take a lot. We know how good -- theyre holding teams to 26 percent from 3 on the year. So, we said take the right ones and I thought, for the most part, we did.Iverson Fleming had 24 points for the Blackbirds (7-4), who were coming off a win against St. Johns. Nura Zanna had 10 points and 10 rebounds.BIG PICTURELIU Brooklyn: Against a team with a significant height advantage, the Blackbirds continued to outrebound their opponent. LIU Brooklyn entered the game with a plus-4.6 rebounding margin. The Blackbirds finished with a 38-32 edge in rebounding against the Gophers on Wednesday.Minnesota: Mason is the expected leader and steadying influence as a junior point guard and the most-experienced player on the team. Mason is bringing more than leadership, though. Hes developed an outside shot. Mason hit four 3s for the third time in four games. He had four or more 3-pointers just twice in his first 71 games.OUT OF COFFEYThe Gophers were missing freshman guard Amir Coffey, who is second on the team with 12.4 points per game. Minnesota coach Richard Pitino said Coffey is dealing with turf toe. Coffey warmed up before the game but the decision was made to sit him out.We were not sure, Pitino said of Coffeys status. I said, `Just warm up and if youre in pain, we wont play you. So we probably made that decision a couple minutes before the game. Everybody had to adjust a little bit.Senior transfer Akeem Springs made his first start for the Gophers and had eight points and five assists.REUNITEDPitino was reunited with one of his first recruits. Jerome Frink is a senior for LIU Brooklyn after transferring from Florida International, where Pitino recruited him out of St. Anthony High School in New Jersey.Jerome was the first guy I went and did an in-home visit, Pitino said. It was my first in-home visit as a head coach, not really knowing what the heck I was doing . Im proud of him. I always thought hed be a pretty good player and he showed that. I think hell be one of the better players in their league.Frink had 13 points on Wednesday against Minnesota and he entered the game leading the Blackbirds with 17.3 points per game.UP NEXTLIU Brooklyn: The Blackbirds host winless Dartmouth on Dec. 18, playing a game on their home court at the Steinberg Wellness Center for the first time since a season-opening win against John Jay.Minnesota: The Gophers have a long break before hosting Arkansas State on Dec. 23. The final game before Big Ten play isnt an easy one as Red Wolves entered Wednesday 27th in the nation in the Ratings Percentage Index and defeated Georgetown earlier this season. Darren Fells Jersey . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. Rick Leonard Jersey . Now tied for second in the league in shootout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. http://www.cheaptexansjerseysauthentic.com/ . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. Will Fuller V Jersey . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Chris Landrum Jersey ., for the next three years with the signings on Monday of Daryl Townsend and Michael Carter. The scores were certainly eye-popping last week at Maryland.The sixth-ranked womens basketball team won its two exhibition games by an average of 127.5 points, including shutting out Bluefield State in the second half of the 146-17 rout on Nov. 2.A mismatch of record proportions for sure, yet the Big Blue arent crying foul. In fact, coach Todd Fong would love an opportunity to play the Terrapins again.You have to think big picture here. Sure, look at it on the surface and you see the score and wonder what is going on? Fong said in an interview with The Associated Press on Monday. But you have to understand the behind-the-scene things. Ive known (Maryland coach) Brenda (Frese) for 12 years. I told her when I got to coach a team Id love to play her and she gave us the chance. She didnt have to do that.The Terrapins werent the only team with blowout victories last week, although their Division II and III opponents were a combined 2-47 last year.No. 21 DePaul won its two games against local Chicago NAIA teams in dominant fashion. So did No. 3 UConn. Second-ranked Baylor struggled in its first exhibition game before winning by 89 points on Monday night.So why play these games as opposed to a closed scrimmage against another ranked team?It gets out some of the jitters, Frese said. Weve played closed scrimmages in the past, but our team treated it like a scrimmage. There were no fans in the stands, no nervousness, no anxiousness. In our exhibition games, we have six freshmen this year, you can put fans in the stands, do your pregame routine.Bruno agreed with Frese about how exhibition games can be valuable to get your team ready for the upcoming season regardless of the opponent.The reason we play them is that I want to be able to play with the lights on and have the players have game-day experience. Thats a big deal to have game day experience, Bruno said. What is it like to have to go to pregame shootaround? Whats it like to be in school when you have a game? I get my freshmen time on the floor. I get to see players fighting for positions that might earn spots or not earn spots against real competition on the floor.One of Brunos exhibiition games was against St.dddddddddddd Francis, Illinois, which is coached by former DePaul guard Sam Quigley. Despite the 70-point loss, Quigley called it a successful night.Losing like we did, was a little eye-opening to our team, Quigley said. We are ranked fifth in the nation in NAIA, but heres a different level. The top two teams might look a little more like these teams.After the loss to DePaul on Friday night, her team then hopped on a flight the next morning to play at Florida State. That game, which the Fighting Saints lost 91-38 served as a chance for junior guard Christina Ekhomu to play against her sister, who is a freshman for the Seminoles. Besides the family reunion, playing at Florida State allowed Quigleys team to play in a bigger arena. Something that she hopes will prepare them well for the NAIA tournament at the end of the season if they can make it in again.We didnt go into a big arena until our very last tournament so hopefully well be better prepared now, she said.Both Quigley and Fongs schools also were given financial guarantees for the game. Those guarantees help the small budgets that these schools have.The Maryland game also gave Fong the opportunity to have three of his players go home to Washington, where he also is from. The Big Blue also played a second game on the trip, routing Anne Arundel 95-37 the day before the Maryland contest.The benefits for us were enormous, Fong said. Did Maryland benefit? I dont know. I wish we could have given them more of a match. We did lead 3-0. When I came back to Bluefield, people were talking about our womens basketball program and our school.The harshest critic that Fong had to deal with was his son, who came to the game.Fong guided the womens golf team at Bluefield State to the USCAA national championship last month.You dont know anything about golf and your team won the national championship and you say you know basketball but they put the thumper on you, recalled Fong.---Follow Doug on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/dougfeinberg Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа