Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: he 43rd overall pick in the 2007 draft soli
СообщениеДобавлено: 15 авг 2018, 05:09 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: adafsdfsdgdsfg
GLASGOW -- Kate Gillis says it was difficult to block out the noise. The energetic 24-year-old is the captain and inspirational leader of Canadas womens field hockey team at the Commonwealth Games. Shes also the daughter of former Vancouver Canucks president and general manager Mike Gillis, who was fired in April after the team missed the playoffs for the first time in six years. Gillis and soon-to-be ousted head coach John Tortorella took most of the criticism for the Canucks struggles as media and fans alike dissected what had gone so horribly wrong for a team that came within a game of winning the 2011 Stanley Cup. Having your feet held to the fire is part of being an executive in professional sports, but that doesnt make it any easier for the families. Its something the younger Gillis learned first-hand this spring. "I think its always hard for people to say those things about your father. With the Internet these days, you can just have a free-for-all," she said this week. "Its tough to kind of differentiate between the truth and the fiction, but I just keep my head down. He definitely doesnt let us get affected, but in the long run its hard. "Its your dad." Kate Gillis grew up in Kingston, Ont., but moved to Vancouver after being scouted by the national team when she was still a teenager. That cross-country adventure was coincidentally part of the reason Mike Gillis, an NHL player agent at the time, was hired by the Canucks in the first place. "I was 17, finishing high school by correspondence and my parents didnt feel quite comfortable with me living out there by myself," said Gillis. "They moved just for the year until I went back to school, but ended up staying because my dad got a job." Despite all of the heartache in recent months, she said one of the positives of her father losing that job is that he can spend more time following her career. "It was definitely tough, but weve been able to spend so much more time together as a family," said Gillis, who has two brothers. "I actually just celebrated my 100th cap in England, which is a huge milestone, and my dad was able to be there. "He will be here for the whole tournament, and that normally doesnt happen because its (NHL) free agency, or the draft or pre-season or something. It was a very difficult circumstance when it happened but now were seeing him more relaxed, he has more time, and hes able to capitalize on these sort of events." Canadas womens field hockey team has not made the Olympics since 1992 and is using the Commonwealth Games in Scotland as a measuring stick ahead of next summers Pan American Games in Toronto, which will serve as the qualifying event for Rio 2016. "Were a young team. Weve made lots of progress over 12 months and the opportunity to play in a tournament like this definitely gives us an idea of where were at," said Canadian head coach Ian Rutledge. "We want to make sure we give this event the respect it deserves. Were obviously looking to do our best and play as well as we can and finish as high as we can -- thats the objective. But thinking longer term its also an opportunity to gauge where were at ahead of Toronto 2015." Canada currently ranks 22nd in the world and has lost its two opening matches at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre, 4-2 to No. 13 India on Thursday and 2-0 to No. 11 South Africa on Friday. Next up is No. 31 Trinidad and Tobago on Sunday, and the biggest test of the group stage on Wednesday against fourth-ranked New Zealand. Meanwhile, the 16th-ranked Canadian men lost their opener 3-1 to No. 6 New Zealand on the first day of competition and will tackle No. 13 Malaysia on Saturday, No. 29 Trinidad and Tobago on Sunday and No. 5 England on Thursday. Rutledge said Gillis sets the tone for the countrys womens team with her passion and dedication to a sport that she hadnt even heard of until making her varsity team in Grade 9. "Her work rate is immense -- one of the best Ive seen from any athlete in the world," he said. "But more importantly its the quality she brings off the field. Shes a natural leader. Shes very aware of whats going on around the team and in the team. She backs up what she says. Her actions often speak louder than her words. "Shes the hardest trainer, the most committed, the most dedicated, and I think the rest of the team finds that inspiring. She sets standards. Its easy to talk a good game, but she shows what a good game looks like. Shes a fantastic role model." Gillis said she and her teammates want to help grow the sport in Canada, especially with the Pan Am Games on home soil just 12 months away. "What most people dont know is field hockey is so popular almost everywhere else," she said. "Were really looking forward to bringing our sport home and letting people see what we play and how intense our game is." And despite a trying couple of months for her family, Kate Gillis can still lose herself in the sport she has grown to love -- something she learned from her father. "Once you step onto that field nothing else matters," she said. "Thats what hes taught me." Martinas Rankin Jersey . The Tournament of Champions, which starts Friday, is his first event since a freak accident in Shanghai two months ago. Snedeker was on a Segway scooter during a corporate outing at Sheshan International when he took a tumble and injured his left knee. Justin Reid Texans Jersey . John Albert Elway, 24, was booked into jail early Saturday morning after an incident near a college campus in downtown Denver, according to jail records. http://www.officialauthentictexansstore ... ersey.html. Dwyane Wade took over in the fourth quarter. Ibraheim Campbell Jersey .com) - The 2014 Holiday Bowl is the first postseason venture pitting a pair of ranked foes against each other, as No. Justin Reid Jersey . -- The guys in green raced off the court and into the locker room where they danced and sang, compared whose shot was most likely to end up featured on "One Shining Moment," and checked Twitter to see who was giving them a shoutout.MONTREAL CANADIENSLAST SEASON: 46-28-8, 100 points; lost to New York Rangers in Eastern Conference final.COACH: Michel Therrien, seventh season with Canadiens, 287-224-23-58.ADDED: D Tom Gilbert, C Manny Malhotra, RW P.A. Parenteau, RW Jiri Sekac.LOST: C Daniel Briere, RW Brian Gionta, D Josh Gorges, LW Thomas Vanek.PLAYER TO WATCH: P.K. Subban: The 43rd overall pick in the 2007 draft solidified his status as a top-five defenceman in the NHL following a 2013-14 regular season in which he recorded 53 points (10 goals, 43 assists) in 82 games, and added another 11 (five goals and six assists) in 17 playoff games.dddddddddddd And he isnt going anywhere. The Canadiens and Subban agreed to an eight-year, $72 million contract in the off-season.OUTLOOK: The Canadiens earned the ire of playoff foes Boston and New York for on-ice antics and their off-ice loquaciousness. But teams dont dislike opponents who arent good. The Canadiens are just that, and should find themselves in the playoffs come April. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа