Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Iwata began the day seven strokes off the l
СообщениеДобавлено: 14 авг 2018, 03:24 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: adafsdfsdgdsfg
LONDON -- Eugenie Bouchards historic run at Wimbledon is over, but she thinks shes just getting started. Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic beat Bouchard 6-3, 6-0 on Saturday in the womens final to claim her second Wimbledon title, ending an impressive run by the 20-year-old Canadian at the All England Club. No Canadian had ever reached a Grand Slam singles final in the Open era before Bouchard. "It was a big moment walking out on to centre court for a final. I have that experience now, I know what it feels like," said Bouchard. "I hope I can walk out to many more finals. Thats the goal. "Im going to go back, work on my game, try to get better. You always need to get better." Bouchard, from Westmount, Que., is currently ranked 13th in the world, seven positions below Kvitova. She will rise to seventh when the WTA standings are updated after Wimbledon. She beat Germanys Angelique Kerber 6-3, 6-4 in the quarter-final before topping Romanias Simona Halep 7-6 (5), 6-2 in the semis. The success at Wimbledon comes after a breakthrough season last year. Bouchard reached the semifinals at the Australian Open and French Open earlier this season. "I think its a tough road to try and become as good as I want to be, no matter what," said Bouchard. "Im not going to win every single time. I think this was a good experience for me -- my first Slam final -- so Im going to learn a lot from this match and hopefully use it to get much better." Bouchard was overwhelmed by Kvitova, who added a second to her first from 2011. Watching from the Royal Box was Britains Princess Eugenie, the royal for whom the Canadian was named. "Tough loss today at Wimbledon, but youre an inspiration (at)geniebouchard & Canada couldnt be more proud of you," said Prime Minister Stephen Harper in a tweet. Kvitova, her right thigh heavily wrapped as it was through the two-week tournament, quickly took charge of the match. She handcuffed Bouchards attacking game with a strong offence of her own, putting the Canadian under pressure on every service game with break point. "I have to give full credit to my opponent, she played unbelievable," said Bouchard. "I know I wont win every match but I want to be as good as I can be. This was a good experience and something I will learn from. I can hopefully use it to get better." Bouchard was broken in the third and seventh games to fall to a 5-2 deficit. She showed her own form by breaking back for 3-5 after Kvitova netted after chasing Bouchards cross-court shot. Despite Bouchards resistance, Kvitova wrapped up the first set in less than 30 minutes on a third set point. Kvitova picked up where she left off to start the second set with a break of Bouchard for 2-0. With the experienced Czech keeping up a lethally rapid pace, there was little time for Bouchard to react. Bouchard missed on a return at her feet to trail 4-0 as Kvitova took a stranglehold on the match. The Czech dished out a love game for 5-0 and finished off the title performance on her first match point with a deeply angled backhand cross-court winner after 55 minutes on court. It has been a strong tournament for other Canadians as well. Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock beat Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States in a thrilling 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 victory to win the mens doubles final Saturday. Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., made it to the mens singles semifinal before losing to seven-time champion Roger Federer of Switzerland in straight sets. The last Canadian to reach a mens final four at a major was Robert Powell at Wimbledon in 1908, according to Tennis Canada. Montreal native Greg Rusedski reached the U.S. Open final in 1997 but he was representing Great Britain at that time. Defending mixed doubles champions Daniel Nestor of Toronto and French partner Kristina Mladenovic will play a semifinal match against Max Mirnyi of Belarus and Hao-Ching Chan of Taiwan. Bouchard has done well at the All England Club in the past. She won the Wimbledon girls title in 2012, becoming the first Canadian to win a junior Grand Slam in singles. "I love coming back to Wimbledon, so thank you, guys," said Bouchard at centre court immediately after the match to a loud round of applause from the fans in attendance Saturday. Last year at Wimbledon, Bouchard won her second-round match against former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic in straight sets before she was eliminated in the third round by Carla Suarez Navarro. Kvitova defeated Bouchard in straight sets in their lone previous meeting last year at the Rogers Cup in Toronto. Bouchard said she will return to Montreal to decompress after the Wimbledon final. "Ill take some time off -- much deserved, Ive been playing a lot of tennis at a high level recently," said Bouchard. "Ill take time for the mind and body and then hit the practice court again and get excited for the second half of the season." Matt Dumba Wild Jersey . LOUIS -- The St. Nino Niederreiter Jersey .com) - A pair of programs shooting for their 10th win of the season get together at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, as the NC State Wolfpack tangle with 22nd-ranked West Virginia during the challenge round of the Gotham Classic. http://www.authentichockeyshopwild.com/ ... ild+jersey. The third-ranked Buckeyes were down eight points to Notre Dame with less than 2 minutes to play and their offence was nowhere to be found. Daniel Winnik Wild Jersey . - The infectious smile was missing from Nam Nguyen last week. Jonas Brodin Jersey . - New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says the club has an agreement to bring back outside linebacker Parys Haralson on a one-year deal.MIYAZAKI, Japan - Hideki Matsuyama of Japan beat compatriot Hiroshi Iwata in the first playoff hole to win the Dunlop Phoenix on Sunday.Matsuyama, who plays primarily on the U.S. PGA tour, started the day with a two-stroke lead and shot a 1-under 70 in regulation before saving par on the extra hole to claim his first victory this season on the Japanese ttour.ddddddddddddIwata began the day seven strokes off the lead and surged up the leaderboard with a 63 to tie Matsuyama at 15-under 269. Matsuyama birdied the final two holes of regulation after bogeys on Nos. 15 and 16.Jordan Spieth of the United States shot a 69 to finish in a tie for third with Australias Brendan Jones, who had a 68. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа