Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: the mental makeup to handle len
СообщениеДобавлено: 11 авг 2018, 07:48 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: adafsdfsdgdsfg
Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. This week, they discuss the American support of the World Cup, the passivity of NHL GMs, the clubhouse issues of Bryce Harper, and the career of the retired Alex Kovalev. Bruce Arthur, Toronto Star: My thumb is up to American soccer fans, who have been much maligned over the years. Americans dont like soccer, people say - the same people, of course, year after year. Too little scoring, too much diving, too many ties, blah blah blah. Americans, the laziest critics have said for years, are too good for soccer. That typically mindless braying resurfaced during this World Cup, but a funny thing happened: it was overwhelmed by a tidal wave of support, of enjoyment, of commitment to a U.S. team that didnt have the most talent, but that rewarded its fans with everything it had. TV ratings? Through the roof. Online support? Inescapable. Americans embraced soccer, and it was so much fun. If they cant accept the metric system, they can at least love this. Steve Simmons, Sun Media: My thumb is down to the passivity of NHL general managers, who are sometimes too polite for their own good. The GMs missed out on the opportunity to make an offer to restricted free agent PK Subban and now that Subban has filed for arbitration, his rights are protected by Montreal for the coming season. But if Im a GM, I would have made a monstrous offer to Subban, more than $10 million a year, and not just because he was the only game changing player available. I look at this two ways. If I throw huge money at Subban, I have a shot to get him - albeit its a long shot. And if Montreal matches, which is usually the way these things go, then Im messing up their payroll. Either way, I have nothing to lose. Even if the GMs dont agree. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is down to Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper, for more unwelcome Washington punditry. After missing 57 games following thumb surgery, the uber-talented 21-year-old returned this week full of enthusiasm and suggestions. He critiqued the batting order - he was hitting sixth - and, more tellingly, the personnel. Harper was in left field, not his preferred position of centre, implying that Denard Span, the Nats centre fielder, should have been on the bench. Great for clubhouse chemistry. In publicly slagging first-year manager Matt Williams lineup, the prodigy wasnt breaking one of baseballs murky unwritten rules. He was violating basic workplace etiquette. Everyone has bosses and co-workers, even Harper, the young and the restless. Dave Hodge, TSN: And my thumb is sideways - thats right sideways - to the hockey career of Alex Kovalev, who announced his retirement this week at age 41 after playing last season in Switzerland. Why is my thumb sideways? Well, because like a lot of people, I cant decide whether Kovalev had a great career or is one of the great underachievers in the sport of hockey. The term enigma is thrown around too loosely in sports, especially at Russian hockey players. But how else to describe a player would could appear to be the most talented of any in one game, and then invisible the next, a pattern that existed throughout his career. Fans and even Kovalevs teammates used to debate how hard he was trying on any given night. Which, more than anything he accomplished on the ice … seems destined to be what we remember about him most. Matt Slauson Colts Jersey . Fourteen players were suspended last summer by Major League Baseball as part of the Biogenesis drug scandal, ranging from All-Stars to also-rans. Matt Slauson Jersey . - Steve Stricker usually doesnt show up at a tournament on Sunday. http://www.coltsofficialstore.us/authen ... ts-jersey/. Boston is making its first appearance in the ALCS since 2008. For Detroit, its a third straight trip to the ALCS and its fourth in eight years. Kemoko Turay Colts Jersey . On July 27 cyclings best-known race will host "La Course by Le Tour de France" -- a one-day womens competition staged hours before Tour riders race on the same circuit to finish the three-week event on Paris Champs-Elysees. Quenton Nelson Jersey . The 21-year-old Canadian earned a spot in his third career ATP final on Saturday thanks to his first Top 10 victory of the new tennis season, a 6-4, 6-4 win over world no. 10 Nicolas Almagro of Spain.ST. LOUIS - Michael Wacha doesnt mind a little bad weather. Wacha had to wait out yet another lengthy rain delay, Matt Carpenter drove in three runs and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Chicago Cubs 6-4 Sunday. St. Louis took two of three from the Cubs and has won four of six. Chicago has lost three of four. Rain has figured in all three of Wachas starts this season. He actually seemed to embrace a third-inning downpour that halted play against the Cubs for 46 minutes. "Im used to it," he said. "You just have to accept it and youve got to stay focused. I tried to stay loose and just keep my mind in what I needed to do." Wachas first start of the season was delayed before first pitch by 2 hours, 40 minutes. He endured a short 12-minute delay at the outset of his second outing. Wacha (2-0) allowed three runs and five hits in 6 1-3 innings Sunday. He gave up a two-run homer to Anthony Rizzo on the 16th pitch of the game, but yielded just one run on three hits the rest of the way. He struck out eight and walked one. "At the start, I was a little erratic, but I was able to settle down a little bit," he said. "I got some quick innings and some quick outs." St. Louis manager Mike Matheny says Wacha has the mental makeup to handle lengthy or short delays. "Hes strong and he knows what to do out there," Matheny said. "He keeps a good focus. I felt like his curveball was a lot better after the delay." Carpenter hit a two-run single in the second inning and added a sacrifice fly in the fourth that put St. Louis ahead to stay at 4-3. He is tied with Yadier Molina for the team lead with nine RBI. "It felt good to get the job done," Carpenter said. "When you get up in those situations, you just try and put a good at-bat up there and I thought I did that." Trevor Rosenthal gave up a run in the ninth, but retired Luis Valbuena and Emilio Bonifacio with the tying runs on base to pick up hiss fourth save in four opportunities.dddddddddddd Chicago starter Edwin Jackson (0-1) allowed four runs and eight hits in six innings. He struck out five and walked three in a grueling 114-pitch effort. "I didnt feel too bad," Jackson said. "I threw a lot of pitches. I was behind in a lot of counts. They were aggressive, thats a good hitting team." Jhonny Peralta highlighted a two-run eighth with an RBI double that put St. Louis up 6-3. Rizzo got his club started with his second homer of the season. "I just got extended," Rizzo said. "I was lucky enough to get the barrel on it." After Carpenter singled in two runs in the second, he stole second and scored on Kolten Wongs single for a 3-2 lead. The Cubs tied the game in the fourth on a run-scoring single by Welington Castillo. Carpenter then gave St. Louis the lead for good with a sacrifice fly to left that brought in Peter Bourjos, who began the fourth inning with a triple. "We did the things we had to at the right times to win," Carpenter said. Trailing 4-3, Mike Olt led off the Cubs seventh with a double off Wacha. Castillo struck out and reliever Kevin Siegrist retired Darwin Barney and Bonifacio to end the threat. Siegrist retired all five batters he faced. "We had some chances, just couldnt get hits at the right time," Rizzo said. NOTES: The Cubs are winless in their last nine series. Their last series win came in September when they won two of three in Cincinnati. .... St. Louis begins a 10-game road trip Monday with the first of a three-game set in Milwaukee. Lance Lynn (2-0, 6.55 ERA) takes on Matt Garza (0-1, 2.57) in the opener. ... The Cubs conclude a five-game road trip with two games against the New York Yankees. Jason Hammel (2-0, 2.63) faces Masahiro Tanaka (1-0, 3.21) in the first game on Tuesday. .... St. Louis C Yadier Molina has 11 hits in his last 22 at-bats, including two hits on Sunday. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа