Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: manager Ron Washington took one step out of the dugout
СообщениеДобавлено: 19 июл 2018, 08:18 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: adafsdfsdgdsfg
VANCOUVER - The salsa music was cranked up loud in the Vancouver Whitecaps dressing room prior to a training session this week. You can catch the action live on TSN2 at 10pm et/7pm pt. The players looked relaxed and smiled as they filed out for practice. There was little evidence the teams confidence had been shaken by a pair of subpar performances and its first loss in eight Major League Soccer games. There was even talk about how the Seattle Sounders, Vancouvers Cascadia rival with the best record in MLS, are the right medicine to cure whatever ails the Whitecaps. "Its the perfect test to bounce back," forward Nigel Reo-Coker said about Saturdays game at BC Place Stadium. "Its a great test for the team. No one expects us to win this game. They are the most experienced team, I would say, in the league. For us, as an emerging young team, its a great time for us to prove to people we should be taken seriously as a team." The Whitecaps had a franchise record eight-game unbeaten streak (3-0-5) snapped in a 2-0 loss to the Colorado Rapids last week. Vancouver had also played poorly in a 0-0 draw to the Montreal Impact the previous game. A Vancouver team that had gone six of seven games scoring two or more goals has suddenly had problems putting the ball in the net. "The last couple of games I dont think our team has produced the same amount of opportunities they have in the past," said forward Erik Hurtado. "That is going to affect us scoring goals." Coach Carl Robinson doesnt see any big problems with the Whitecaps game, just areas that need little fixes. "Good teams are able to do the crappy jobs very well," said Robinson. "Weve done that the first part of the season. In the last two games I think we went away from that. "Our transition play needs to be a little bit better. Its the little details that make the big differences. If we get back to that, then everyone will put a smile on their face." Seattle leads the MLS standings with 35 points from a 11-3-2 record. One of those ties came against Vancouver last month. The Sounders have also scored 33 goals, more than any other team in the league. Vancouver is fifth in the Western Conference, 13 points behind Seattle with a 5-3-7 record. Steven Beitashour, who is returning to the Whitecaps lineup after playing for Iran at the World Cup, said the last two results are a minor bump in a long season. "We were on a nice streak," said the 27-year-old right back. "The guys did well during that. "The league is going to have runs, good runs, bad runs. I dont think two is bad at all. Im confident this weekend we will have a good result, then we will start a new winning streak." The last time the teams met Seattle salvaged the tie on a late penalty kick after a controversial call. Sounders coach Sigi Schmid doesnt expect things to be any easier in the rematch. "They are going to be a team that is motivated," Schmid said on the Sounders website. "Im sure they havent been happy with their last two games they played, they havent scored any goals. "Coach Robinson will be under them and motivating them. That team is going to be hungry when they play us." One reason the Whitecaps have had problems scoring goals is teams are dropping back defenders to counter Vancouvers speed. Robinson said his team must be smarter with the ball when they have possession. "We have to get back to maintaining possession, dictating possession, but also being a threat in the final third," he said. "We know we have quick players, but have we got players with an understanding how to move (opposition) players out of position? Seattle is a very organized team. They like to get eight, nine men behind the ball. We are going to have to be open and expansive but also a little bit creative in our final third play." Vancouver could also improve its set plays. The Whitecaps have been unable to take advantage of some good deliveries from midfielder Pedro Morales. "I think the service has been there," said Robinson. "Now its the challenge for the players to get in the right position. Its about movement in the box." The Whitecaps have been guilty of giving up leads. Robinson said thats a result of his team still learning how to deal with certain game situations. "The top teams are able to grind out results," he said. "I havent got an experienced core. I have a young group. "When we bend we might break at the moment. Its important we learn from scenarios like that. At the moment we have broken but we will learn form certain things." One player thrilled to be back in the Whitecaps lineup is Medhi Ballouchy. The 31-year-old midfielder from Morocco spent 11 months recovering from anterior cruciate ligament surgeries on both knees. During that time he also lost his father to cancer. Ballouchy played 20 minutes against Colorado and called the experience "amazing." "Taking something from a soccer player ... its always hard," he said about his long recovery. "Im just happy (and) at this point dont even want to think about it. "I hope I can stay in this phase for a long time." Kevin Hogan Redskins Jersey .Y. -- First, Ryan Miller. DaRon Payne Redskins Jersey . At Manchester United, Ferguson developed Beckham into one of the worlds most recognizable sportsmen, but the midfielder left United in 2003 for Real Madrid under a cloud after his relationship with the manager broke down. http://www.redskinsrookiesproshop.com/g ... ns-jersey/. Go to turbozone.ca to see more of his epic work and you can follow him on twitter (@Turbo_Zone). Gaurav Shastri - A tribute to the amazing fan base who stand outside during games at "Jurassic Park" and an unbelievable shot of Paul Pierce fearing a Raptor. Washington Redskins Jerseys . "Its embarrassing what were doing here," leading scorer Phil Kessel said Wednesday. The most recent failed season came with even more pain than the six that preceded it. There was no hint of an impending implosion when the Leafs came roaring out of the all-star break with back-to-back games against Pittsburgh -- a 5-4 shootout loss followed by a 1-0 win the next night. Derrius Guice Jersey . "We were left with the overall impression that the team wasnt trending toward being able to compete for a Stanley Cup," Capitals owner Ted Leonsis said in a news conference at the clubs arena. "And that was just a clear signal and why it was time to make those changes.ARLINGTON, Texas -- Colby Lewis had to be reminded about his last victory for the Texas Rangers. It had been a while. Lewis allowed one run over 5 1-3 innings for his first win in nearly two years, after elbow surgery and a unique hip procedure, and the Rangers beat the Chicago White Sox 6-3 on Saturday night for their fifth consecutive victory. "Its pretty sentimental," Lewis said. "Its one of those victories that Im just excited about." The 34-year-old right-hander won for the first time since June 17, 2012, a month before his last game prior to surgery to repair a torn flexor tendon in his right elbow. He was still rehabbing from that last August when he had right hip resurfacing surgery, and is the first known major league pitcher to return from that operation to remove bone spurs without a full hip replacement. "It was awesome," shortstop Elvis Andrus said. "Were really glad for him." Joakim Soria, the fifth Texas reliever, worked a perfect ninth for his third save in four chances. He then gave the game ball to Lewis (1-1). Before his season debut Monday night, a home loss to Seattle when he also went 5 1-3 innings, Lewis hadnt made a major league start since July 18, 2012. "Im still kind of disappointed that i didnt go deeper in the ball game," Lewis said. "But I felt like the 85 (pitches) were a lot better than the 88 that I threw the other day. I felt like I was more relaxed. I was more myself." Manager Ron Washington said that kind of improvement is what the Rangers wanted to see from Lewis. "He came out and kept the ball down for the most part and used his pitches well, kept his stamina going for the time that he was out there," Washington said. Texas went ahead to stay on Prince Fielders high-arching blast to right leading off the fourth for a 2-1 lead. It was only his second homer in his 18 games with Texas. Shin-Soo Choo and Alex Rios each had three hits for the Rangers and Kevin Kouzmanoff homered leading off the eighth, giving him a 10-game hitting streak to start his Rangers career. Jose Quintana (1-1) allowed five runs and nine hits over five innings, and the White Sox lost their fourth straight. "He was pretty good. It wasnt his best stuff, but they are going to get hits, just because of the way the ballpark plays," manager Robin Ventura said.dddddddddddd "But once they start falling in, those are the ones that hurt you." Dayan Viciedos two-run single in the eighth got the White Sox within 5-3 before Alexei Ramirez, who entered the game with a AL-leading .379 batting average, grounded into an inning-ending double play. Ramirez finished 0 for 4 to snap his 21-game hitting streak, the longest hitting streak by a White Sox player since Carlos Lees franchise-record 28 in a row 10 years ago, and drop his average to .357. After Fielders homer, Josh Wilson had a two-run single in the fourth before Choos RBI-double made it 5-1. "The situation in the fourth inning changed the game for me," Quintana said. "One pitch. But now Im thinking about the next start." Chicago opened the second inning with three consecutive singles -- equaling its season-low hit total from the night before in a span of five pitches. Ramirez then grounded into a double play to send home a run that tied the game at 1. Texas had three consecutive hits in the first, though No. 2 Elvis Andrus got tagged out in a rundown between first and second base after his single. Rios had an RBI double for a 1-0 lead and to stretch his hitting streak to six games. After Andrus was tagged out diving back into first, Texas manager Ron Washington took one step out of the dugout like he might challenge the play. He instead returned to his seat, and TV replays showed that Andrus was indeed out. Notes: Chicago leadoff hitter Adam Eaton left with a mild strain in his left hamstring after batting in the fifth. Eaton and manager Robin Ventura said the injury wasnt related to a collision with 1B Fielder the previous pitch on a foul-ball roller up the first-base line. ... Viciedos hit off Alexi Ogando ended a scoreless streak of 16 2-3 innings by Rangers relievers, who had allowed only one earned run the previous 23 1-2 innings. ... Texas LHP Matt Harrison threw eighth scoreless innings in a rehab start for Double-A Frisco on Saturday night. He could make his Rangers season debut as early as next weekend. ... The Rangers are a majors-best 9-3 at home this season. White NFL Jerseys Cheap Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа