Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: lves with a pair of bad snaps that sailed o
СообщениеДобавлено: 12 июл 2018, 11:51 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: adafsdfsdgdsfg
LA PLAGNE, France -- Canadian skicross star Marielle Thompson capped her dream season in style Sunday by winning her second career Crystal Globe. Thompson, who won Olympic gold last month at the Sochi Games, edged Fanny Smith of Switzerland to win the final World Cup of the season and the overall title. "Once I was in the gate I was in my zone and comfortable," Thompson said on a conference call. "I just focused on what I needed to do. I think thats the way to do it." The Canadian entered the competition with a slim five-point lead on Smith in the World Cup overall standings. Thompson fell behind her main rival in the final before executing a dramatic pass to move in front to stay. "I knew that everything came down to that last run down the course so it was pretty intense, especially being behind out of the gate and having to make that pass," Thompson said. "It was probably one of the most exciting moments for me in a long while on the skicross course. "It was really great for me to make that pass. Its not very fun skiing behind people. I like skiing in front." Smith settled for silver and Georgia Simmerling of West Vancouver, B.C., won bronze. Calgarys Brady Leman won bronze in the mens race. Jean Frederic Chapuis of France won gold and Austrias Christoph Wahrstoetter took the silver. "I think I made more finals than any other guy this year," Leman said. "They didnt really go my way and I didnt have my best skiing when I made it to the medal rounds and when it really counts. I know Im there and I know Ive been super-competitive every week this year which is good because thats something that Ive struggled with in the past. "But you always want more so I know what Ive got to focus on this summer at least anyway." Leman reached the final at the Olympics but just missed the podium with a fourth-place finish. Thompson led a 1-2 Canadian finish in the womens final at Sochi with teammate Kelsey Serwa. "The main goal this year was the Olympics and once I realized that goal I had to refocus and think about the Globe," said Thompson. "In the final (Sunday) I needed to be patient. I waited for the right moment (to pass) and it happened to be near the end. "I nailed the big super-G turn and I was able to move past her." Thompson, from Whistler, B.C., became the first Canadian to win a skicross Crystal Globe in 2012. The 21-year-old won this seasons overall title with 755 points. "Im just really happy that I could realize all my goals and not really disappoint myself," she said. Smith was second with 730 points and Ophelie David of France was third with 572 points. Swedens Victor Oehling Norberg won the mens Crystal Globe with 494 points. Andreas Matt of Austria was second with 482 points and Germanys Daniel Bohnacker was third with 399 points. Dave Duncan of London, Ont., was leading the World Cup rankings when he was injured during the qualification round at the last World Cup stop in Are, Sweden. He missed his last three races and settled for sixth overall. Switzerland won the Nations Cup for the second straight year with 2,261 points. Canada was second with 2,154 points. Jrue Holiday Jersey . - The Clippers have signed guard Dahntay Jones to a second 10-day contract. Anthony Davis Jersey .com) - Eric Fehr and Marcus Johansson each registered a pair of goals, as Washington spoiled the head coaching debut of Peter Horachek by picking up a 6-2 victory in Toronto on Wednesday. http://www.shoppelicansonline.com/Authe ... ns-Jersey/. -- The Sacramento Kings and guard Jimmer Fredette have completed a buyout of his contract, clearing the way for the former BYU sensation to become a free agent. Anthony Davis Pelicans Jersey . Dane Dobbie had four goals and two assists, Karsen Leung had two goals and two assists, and Matthew Dinsdale scored two and helped on another for Calgary (6-3). Shawn Evans and Jeff Shattler had eight-point games with a goal and seven assists apiece, and Jon Harnett and Geoff Snider also scored. Pelicans Jerseys . -- Maxence Parrot of Bromont, Que. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars arent putting pressure on Blake Bortles to win a starting job in training camp. The rookie quarterback was solid in his preseason debut Friday night, throwing for 117 yards and leading a second-half drive for a field goal in a 16-10 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. "There was some good stuff, some bad stuff, things that Ive got to overcome," Bortles said. "Its a process, its not going to happen overnight," he added. "The chemistry felt really good with the second unit, weve been working really well together during camp. I thought the offensive line did a really good job of protecting up front." The third overall pick in the draft completed 7 of 11 passes, including a 31-yarder down the middle of the field to Mike Brown to set up a 26-yard field goal that gave the Jaguars a 10-3 lead late in the third quarter. The Bucs were penalized for a late hit on the rookie from Central Florida, tacking on another 15 yards. Tampa Bay drove 85 yards to make it 10-10 on Mike Glennons 6-yard scoring pass to Tommy Streeter, but dropped its first game under coach Lovie Smith when a defence that had done a good job of keeping Jacksonvilles offence out of the end zone faltered in the fourth quarter. Denard Robinsons 23-yard TD run put the Jaguars ahead for good with under seven minutes remaining. Jacksonville also scored on Winston Guy Jr.s 68-yard interception return in the first quarter. Tampa Bays first-team offence sputtered while playing into the second quarter. In addition to throwing the interception that was returned for a TD, Josh McCown was sacked twice and lost a fumble. "The defence did a good job of keeping them out (of the end zone). But we say its defence versus defence," Smith said. "Their defence scored a touchdown, we didnt. Were playing hard, but were still not where we need to be on the defensive side either." Chad Henne started for the Jaguars and played four series before being replaced by Bortles, who has yet to take a snap with Jacksonvilles first-team offence in training camp. The rookie received a nice ovation from the announced crowd of 59,100 at EverBank Field before completing his first pass for 24 yards to Allen Hurns. Two plays later, he rolled out of the pocket to his left and showed he has a sense of when he needs to take a little off his throws with a nice flip to fullback Will Taufoou for a 12-yard gain.dddddddddddd "I thought he did a nice job, showed some good poise. We felt like we could protect him," Jacksonville coach Gus Bradley said. "Just the poise factor, we wanted to see that in him, and he did a nice job." So when might Bortles begin to get some practice time with the starters? "Our philosophy is to try and get these rookies in with the ones. Somewhere youre going to see it, we want them to feel the speed of the ones," Bradley said. "We do that with all our guys, Im sure well do that with Blake as well. Well see how things go as to when we get him in there. I just think hes progressing nice." Smith and first-year general manager Jason Licht spent in free agency to bring in four new starters for Tampa Bays defence and also rebuild an offensive line that did not protect McCown well Friday night. The 35-year-old quarterback, a career backup who began training camp as a projected starter for the first time in a decade, was hurried into a couple of bad throws and also took a hard hit at the end of a 9-yard scramble. Henne completed 4 of 7 for 30 yards. The Jaguars hurt themselves with a pair of bad snaps that sailed over the quarterbacks head in shotgun formation. The second one rolled 21 yards on fourth down, helping set up the 44-yard field goal for Tampa Bays first points of the game. McCown finished 2 of 4 for 20 yards with one interception. He rushed for 13 yards on the two plays Jacksonvilles pass rush forced him to run. Glennon, who started 13 games as a rookie a year ago when a 4-12 finish cost coach Greg Schiano and general manager Mark Dominik their jobs, was 11 of 19 for 140 yards and no interceptions. "Were not ready yet. ... This first game, we kind of see where we are a little bit," Smith said. "Had some protection issues, didnt protect the quarterback well enough. Thats pretty much it." Notes: The Jaguars played without starting RB Toby Gerhart and WRs Cecil Shorts III and Allen Robinson. ... S Dashon Goldson and CB Alterraun Verner, one of Tampa Bays key off-season acquisitions, did not dress for the Bucs. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа