Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: onths. The family makes its home in Dunedin
СообщениеДобавлено: 12 июл 2018, 11:39 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: adafsdfsdgdsfg
SURREY, B.C. - B.C. Lions coach Mike Benevides had plenty to smile about Monday after his team returned from a big win in Toronto. But some of his players wont share his mood next weekend. Even after strong performances against the Argonauts, some Lions are in danger of losing their starting or roster spots when B.C. (5-3) hosts the Saskatchewan Roughriders at home on Sunday. Kick returner/running back Tim Brown appears to be a likely casualty after he racked up 168 return yards as the Lions posted their third straight win. With starting tailback Andrew Harris expected to return from an ankle injury, Benevides said Brown only has a "50-50" chance of staying in the lineup due to the balancing act required under the CFLs Canadian and import player ratio. "Id love to keep him on, but its a challenge from a roster-number point of view," said Benevides. Brown, a 26-year-old Stockton, Calif., native who is in his fourth CFL season, returned one punt for 70 yards and another for 69, setting up a touchdown and a field goal, against the Argos. He played only his second game of the season after spending most of the campaign on the practice roster. Benevides said he has struggled to keep Brown on the active roster, but its too difficult to sacrifice an import elsewhere on offence or defence to keep him in the mix. The coach says he hopes Harris, sidelined in a victory over Hamilton on Aug. 8, will return after showing signs of progress in his recovery early last week before taking time off to mend. "With running backs, you never want to risk (a premature return), because (the ankle) is so important to what they do," said Benevides. Veteran running back Stefan Logan, who rushed for 145 yards on 19 carries and gained another 49 on receptions against Toronto, will also be affected by the return of Harris. Logan appears headed back to a back-up role behind Harris, who leads the league in combined yards with 781 and ranks second in rushing (410). Changes also loom on the B.C. defence as cornerback Dante Marsh gets ready to return to the starting lineup after missing the game in Toronto due to a hamstring injury. "Its pretty good," said Marsh. "I feel like I should be able to play this week." Marsh, a 33-year-old Oakland, Calif., native who is in his 11th season with the Lions, missed his first game in four years. The one-time CFL all-star and four-time West Division all-star said he wanted to be smart and give his body a chance to rest. Rookie Ronnie Yell returned an interception for a touchdown in Marshs place in the short-side cornerback spot. If Marsh returns, Yell is likely to move back to his wide-side cornerback spot. Rookie T.J. Lee, who played his first CFL game in Yells usual wide-side spot, faces a return to the practice roster. Marsh said the play of the rookies against Toronto speak well of B.C.s roster depth, but their development is more about the future than the present. "Right now, thats my time," said Marsh. According to Benevides, this is also the time for Kevin Glenn to remain the starting quarterback. Although nominal No. 1 Travis Lulay, recuperating from off-season shoulder surgery, saw his first game action at various times against the Argos, Glenn will start against Saskatchewan — provided that he is healthy. Glenn, who played against Toronto despite a thigh contusion suffered a week earlier, was limping as the team returned to its Surrey practice facility. "Hes winning games for us right now, and hes the one thats healthy, so hes the one thats played the most," said Benevides. "Its unfair to put all that play time on (Lulay) right now." Benevides slotted Lulay in during the first quarter, second quarter and at the end of the game in Toronto as part of his recovery process and plans to do the same against Saskatchewan. "I dont care what peoples ideas or ideals are — we have to get him in," said Benevides. However, Benevides will feel less urgency about getting other injured players back in the lineup if he feels that a return could hamper their long-term recovery hopes. "With the bye coming a week after, Im not going to push it," he said. Notes — The Lions cancelled a rundown Monday and will have a day off Tuesday before returning to practice on Wednesday. ... Defensive back Josh Johnson remains out with a knee injury. … Import offensive tackle Andre Ramsey, who suffered an ankle injury in the first game of the season that caused considerable lineup juggling, is eligible to return from the six-game injured list, but he is also caught in the ratio crunch. Ramsey has actually over-stayed his time on the six-game injured list, but he is allowed to do so under league rules. … Offensive lineman Jovan Oliafoye said he and line mate Hunter Steward, who both stand six-foot-six and weigh more than 300 pounds, had to "slide through" a relatively narrow opening after they were stuck in a Toronto hotel elevator on game day. "It wasnt the best of room, but there was enough room," said Oliafoye. Vincent Kompany Jersey .com) - Robert Martin and Josh Hicks combined for more than 300 yards rushing and three touchdowns, as Rutgers rolled past North Carolina, 40-21, in the Quick Lane Bowl. Sergio Aguero Jersey .5 million contract with the right-handed reliever. Ziegler revealed the agreement via Twitter, saying hes "really excited to stay in Arizona for a couple more years, at least. http://www.tmancitysoccershop.com/c-8-r ... ersey.aspx. Austin Watson, Scott Ford, Filip Forsberg and Mark Van Guilder had the other goals for the Admirals (30-21-12). Scott Darling made 30 saves for his 10th win of the season. Benjamin Mendy Jersey . The Ravens werent about to let it happen again. Carleton picked up its fourth straight national mens basketball title, and 10th in the last 12 years, with a 79-67 victory over its crosstown rival on Sunday. Ilkay Gundogan Jersey .twitter.com/TeZD3KOvlA — Charlotte Hornets (@hornets) September 24, 2014 Sorry for the delay, we just got back from lunch at Papa Vons #NBAFastFood pic.DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Jonathan Diaz is easy to spot in the Blue Jays clubhouse. Just look for a big smile atop a compact five-foot-nine, 155-pound body. The 28-year-old Florida native is also hard to miss on the field -- an elegant, mobile shortstop with a slick glove. A career .230 hitter in the minors, Diaz is not likely to stick with a major league club that already has a superstar at shortstop in Jose Reyes, the versatile Ryan Goins at second base and Maicer Izturis as a utility infielder. But his skills are appreciated and have been on display again in the Blue Jays organization after a one-year stint with the Boston Red Sox and former Jays manager John Farrell. "Id heard about them," Toronto manager John Gibbons said of Diazs fielding talents. "Everybodys always said youre not going to find a better shortstop or defender, period. You can put him anywhere out there and hes definitely shown that this spring." Diaz has appeared in the infield and outfield this spring, often as a late inning replacement. He has turned heads with a nifty double play and scored the 10th-inning game-winner on some aggressive base-running in a 4-3 victory over the Baltimore Orioles last Sunday. As of Wednesday, he was hitting .077 with one hit in 13 at-bats this spring. He knows defence is his ticket in baseball. "Ive always love to be out there making plays and doing acrobatic things," he said. "Luckily thats kept me in the game for as long as it has." He was given No. 1 to wear by the Jays, the same number as former great Tony Fernandez. "Its a honour to be wearing that number," he said. "He was an unbelievable shortstop." A 12th-round pick -- 360th overall -- by the Jays in the 2006 draft out of North Carolina State, Diaz is happy to be back in the Toronto fold after his year away. "It feels like I never left," he said. "It feels like home. I was here for seven years and then I took a little hiatus with the Red Sox for a year." Boston had its moments, however. He was called up to the majors for the first time, "which was amazing," he said. He saw action in five games, with four at-bats. He had no hits but scored two runs. "I was there for a week .dddddddddddd. Fortunately Im going to get a World Series ring and all that so Im really excited about that. It was a good time," he said. Coincidentally, Diazs debut in the majors came against Toronto and he threw out Reyes from third in Torontos first at-bat. He also scored the winning run against the Jays. These days his locker is just down the row from Reyes in a largely Spanish-speaking neighbourhood of the clubhouse. With a Dominican father and Puerto Rican mother, he grew up with Spanish as his first language. "This is my corner. These are my people," he said with a grin. Diaz says he tries not to think of where he might end up. The goal is the big leagues and the plan is to play as well as possible. After that, que sera sera. "Make sure youre healthy and just try to be ready when the time comes," Diaz said by way of summary. "Im just out there trying to show I can help the team in any way possible." Away from the field, Diaz is married with three daughters -- 10, eight and 16 months. The family makes its home in Dunedin with his wife and daughters joining Diaz "wherever Im at," when school breaks for the summer. "By now, theyre used to it ... Its a crazy fun life," he said. But it has not always been fun for Diaz. In 2011, he was one of the final cuts out of the Jays major league camp. He went to double-A ball and then triple-A in Las Vegas. "I was doing really well," he said. "I went to have dinner, took a cab and woke up in a hospital." There was an accident and Diaz suffered a concussion, lost some hearing and his two front teeth, among other injuries. His wife, then his fiancee, was on the side of the cab that got hit and took the brunt of the impact. She suffered broken ribs, a torn spleen, separated shoulder and cuts. "It was pretty ugly," he said. "But luckily were healthy now." The injuries also took a toll on his playing career. "That took me out of it for a couple of months," he said. "That window, I felt like, was a good chance of being called up at the time." Two false front teeth have not impacted Diazs smile. He seems to savour every baseball moment. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа