Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: , skated to music from "Sweet Charity,"
СообщениеДобавлено: 17 май 2018, 03:05 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: Melbourne
SYLVANIA, Ohio -- Lee-Anne Pace made a name for herself as an amateur in her native South Africa, then proved herself with eight wins on the Ladies European Tour. Now shes ready to make waves in the U.S. Pace shot a 3-under 68 on Saturday to grab a share of the third-round lead with Laura Diaz in the Marathon Classic. She can barely express what a breakthrough win on the LPGA Tour might bring. "Itll mean quite a lot to be able to come out here and play well," she said after recovering from bogeys at 11th and 12th holes with three late birdies. "It already has made my week. I was so tired in the beginning of the week and now this has happened, so Im very excited." Pace could have foundered after losing the two shots to par. But she came right back to birdie the next two holes and then added another at the par-5 17th to join Diaz at 11-under 202. The 33-year-old, in her 10th year as a pro, wants to keep it simple in the final round at Highland Meadows. "I play a very similar type of game every time I go out there: Hit the fairways and try to hit the green and make the putt. And so far its been working," she said. "Hopefully, coming down the stretch its going to be enough." It was a day of highs and lows for Diaz, the leader since birdieing her first five holes in an opening 62. She led by four and then three strokes after the first two rounds. Chasing her first win since 2002, she could have regained the outright lead but left a 7-foot birdie putt short on the 18th to finish with a 71. Up by three shots on the fourth hole on Saturday, the 39-year-old faltered with a double-bogey. After pull-hooking her drive under a pine tree, she and caddie Pete Smith moved away some twigs and the ball moved. The gallery around her let out a collective gasp. She quickly assessed herself a one-shot penalty and ended up punching back to the fairway, hitting to the green and two-putting for the double. By the time Diaz got to the tee at No. 9, rookie Jaye Marie Greens torrid play had pulled her into a tie for the lead. Playing one group ahead, Pace would nail a 20-foot birdie putt from the fringe to join them. But before Paces putt, Diaz hit the shot of the day. Officials had moved the tees up on the 255-yard, par-4 hole to allow players to go for the green off the tee. Pace and playing partner So Yeon Ryu, the 2012 winner of the Marathon, vacated the putting surface to allow Diaz and Lydia Ko to hit their drives. Diazs ball landed 25 yards short of the green and had a bead on the pin before edging past. Diaz later rolled in the 10-foot downhill eagle putt to regain a two-shot lead. Diaz bogeyed the 12th. The lead remained one shot until Pace hit into the deep rough near the bunker fronting the par-5 17th, dropped a delicate gap wedge to 8 feet and then rolled in the birdie putt to forge the tie. Diaz consistently left birdie putts short all day. Asked if a player can ever forget how to win after a long respite, she said, "I cant say that I knew how to do it then, and I dont know that I know how to do it now." Green applied pressure with a low round early on the cloudy day. The medallist in last years LPGA Tour qualifying school, she turned in 30 and birdied four holes in a row before closing with a par on the par-5 closing hole. The 63 allowed her to climb from a tie for 31st at the start of the day to a share of the lead before Diazs eagle. Green is tied a shot back with Ryu, who birdied the 15th, 16th and 17th holes for a 68. Another shot back, at 9-under 204, was Ko, who birdied the last two holes in a 70. The group at 205 included Cristie Kerr (68) and last weeks Womens British Open champion, Mo Martin, who had a 67. Eighteen players are within four shots of the lead. Pace sounded thrilled by the all the potential mayhem. "Yeah, the whole LPGA is chasing," she said. Tyson Chandler Jersey . Modin, 36, tallied seven goals and three assists in 36 games with the Thrashers this season. The Sundsvall, Sweden, native has posted 232 goals and 230 assists in 894 career NHL games with Toronto, Tampa Bay, Columbus, Los Angeles and Atlanta and has appeared in 57 post-season contests, helping the Lightning capture the 2004 Stanley Cup Championship. Phoenix Suns Jerseys . With their coach gone, they finally played offence the way he would have wanted. Amare Stoudemire made all seven shots in the first half, Anthony passed and shot well, and the Knicks shook off the surprising departure of their coach to rout the Portland Trail Blazers 121-79 on Wednesday night, snapping a six-game losing streak. http://www.sunsofficialshop.us/grant-hi ... jersey/.ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at LeBron James and the Miami Heat winning their second straight NBA championship. Devin Booker Jersey .J. - Pete Carroll is in support of the NFL looking further into whether medicinal marijuana could beneficial for players. Eric Bledsoe Jersey . -- Jake Peavy arrived at Bostons spring training complex on Monday with a large white bandage covering his left index finger, the result of a weekend accident.American Gracie Gold leads after the womens short program at Skate Canada International on Friday night, scoring 69.45 points. Julia Lipnitskaia, a 15-year-old from Russia, is second with 66.89, while Japans Akiko Suzuki scored 65.76 to leave her third. Canadas Kaetlyn Osmond, who was sidelined for all of September with a foot injury, had an uncharacteristic fall coming out of a double Axel to leave her fifth. Osmond had landed three triple jumps and looked poised for a clean program when she stumbled and fell on her side after landing her double Axel. "Im not sure what it was, it was probably just my excitement taking over, and thinking Oh my god I just did all three of my jumps and now I can just have fun the rest of my program. As I was extending forward, my feet were just gone from underneath me, and I was like Oh no!" The 17-year-old from Marystown, N.L., had only been back on the ice for three weeks after she was diagnosed with a stress reaction -- a precursor to a sstress fracture -- in late August.dddddddddddd Shed only finally successfully landed her triple jumps last week. Osmond, who won Skate Canada last year, skated to music from "Sweet Charity," a 1966 Broadway musical about a dancer-for-hire. The teenager looked like one, wearing a black dress with white elbow-length gloves, and her hair pulled back in a tight ponytail. Osmond and her coach Ravi Walia said going with a more mature look was a measured move in this Olympic season. If she wanted to compete against the worlds top women, she has to look like one. "You want to look like the top skater in the world, you always want to look like youre seasoned out there," Walia said. Amelie Lacoste of Delson, Que., was sixth, while Veronik Mallet of Sept-Iles, Que., was eighth. Skate Canada is the second of six stops on figure skatings Grand Prix circuit. The top six entries in each discipline qualify for the Grand Prix Final, Dec. 5-8, in Fukuoka, Japan. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа