Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: ons to swat away a layup late in the first half. B
СообщениеДобавлено: 19 апр 2018, 05:54 

Cпасибо сказано: 0
Спасибо получено:
0 раз в 0 сообщении
city, country: Melbourne
FRISCO, Texas -- Even without its offensive centrepiece, the Montreal Impacts offence seemed quite healthy in its MLS season opener. The defence, however, was another matter. Though they generating scoring chances in bunches -- even with 2013 leading scorer Marco Di Vaio watching from a box -- the Impact couldnt overcome its shaky defence in a 3-2 loss to FC Dallas on Saturday night at Toyota Stadium. "We gave up three goals. Its hard to win when you give up three goals," coach Frank Klopas said. "There were situations we could have avoided and handled better. "We had the shots on goal, we pushed the game, we created chances a but weve got to limit the goals or its going to be difficult. We scored two goals on the road and had more chances, so you figure youve got to walk away at least with points." Instead, Montreal has none, as Dallas speedy attackers consistently drove the ball deep and put the Impacts defenders in difficult positions. On two occasions those turned into fouls that led to FCD goals. Dallas Mauro Diaz blew past midfielder Sanna Nyassi on the right wing and cut inside toward the goal in the 23rd minute of a 1-1 game. Defender Jeb Brovsky caught him from behind, but Diaz went down on minimal contact in the box, giving Dallas a penalty kick that Blas Perez converted. "I felt like I could have sneezed harder and the guy would have fallen over," Brovsky said. "But thats part of the game. a The play should have stopped before that, and I had something to do with that. Im not happy about that, but you move on." Diaz scored on a curling 20-yard free kick in the opening minutes of the second half to give Dallas a 3-1 lead after Montreals Hernan Bernardello was called for a handball as FCD again threatened. The Impact made Dallas sweat despite the chilly conditions -- 5C with 24-kilometre per hour winds at kickoff -- by continuing to press the attack. It paid off in the 65th minute when Andrew Wenger, taking the lead forward role usually manned by Di Vaio, headed a pretty cross from Felipe past Dallas goalkeeper Chris Seitz to close the gap to a goal. But Seitz came up big in the final minutes to close the door for FCD. Di Vaios absence -- the result of a three-game suspension earned in an ugly shoving match during last seasons playoff loss to Houston -- didnt keep the Impact from putting together a dangerous attack. Montreal got off 15 shots, nine on goal and many at point-blank range, and put two of them in the net, both on textbook plays. "We probably could have had another two goals if we had just been sharper," Wenger said. "Marcos a fantastic player and a large part of our offence, but a lot of guys stepped up tonight and helped create opportunities. If we continue that the entire season, well be lethal." Montreal had a huge early chance when rookie Eric Miller, in his MLS debut fired toward a seemingly open net off a third-minute corner kick. FC Dallas defender Jair Benitez slipped into the goal and blocked the ball off the line, then helped Seitz stop Hassoun Camaras follow shot on the rebound. But seven minutes later, the Impact broke through for as 1-0 lead, as midfielder Justin Mapp weaved through three defender before threading a perfect cross to the foot of Nyassi, who tapped it into the corner of the net. It took Dallas only two minutes to tie it, with Fabian Castillo collecting a deflected ball in close and drilling it past keeper Troy Perkins. "It was a little bit of frustration, but you have to grow from that," Camara said. "When you allow three goals, youre never happy. We have to be more intelligent. "But at the same time, its very easy to correct that. We can do much better." Tyrone Crawford Jersey . -- The Toronto Maple Leafs are tightening the race for second place in the Atlantic Division. Jason Witten Jersey . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. http://www.shoptheofficialcowboys.com/E ... ys-Jersey/. During halftime, Love told The Associated Press he would receive treatment Saturday night and hoped to play Monday night against Houston. "I knew that my quad was bothering me pretty bad so I went out there and tried to move around a little bit and it just wasnt quite right," Love said. Darren Woodson Jersey . On the day the club activated Casey Janssen from the 15-day disabled list, his return from a strained oblique that cost him the first six weeks of the regular season, it announced Sergio Santos would be placed on the disabled list on Monday with discomfort in his right forearm. L. P. Ladouceur Jersey . In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Tonight, Michigans Nik Stauskas of Mississauga, Ontario.ST. LOUIS -- No. 2 Wichita State is still perfect. Calm and collected, too, in a 32nd straight win. The top-seeded Shockers stayed unbeaten with an 80-58 romp over Evansville in the quarterfinals of the Missouri Valley tournament Friday. "I love how this team goes about their business, their approach and how resolute they are," coach Gregg Marshall said. "Theyre really, really focused and locked in to the next challenge, and thats how you win 32 in a row." If theyre feeling pressure because of the streak, their opponents never noticed. "Fantastic to see what theyre doing," Evansville guard D.J. Balentine said after scoring 31 points. "If people say they dont deserve a No. 1 seed, thats silly." Cleanthony Early and Ron Baker scored 17 points apiece and Wichita State set a tournament record with 11 blocked shots, shot 51 per cent and held Evansville to 37 per cent. "Got to have some erasers back there," point guard Fred VanVleet said. It was intimidating on both ends, with everyone sharing in the success and no one taking more than 11 shots. Just how Marshall drew it up. "This team is very unselfish," Baker said. "If we continue to play like that, I like our chances." Balentine made seven 3-pointers for ninth-seeded Evansville (14-19), which lost twice by an average of 15 points to Wichita State (32-0) in the regular season. The Purple Aces led 20-19 midway through the first half before Wichita State started pulling away. "Its hard for us to just make passes from A to B," coach Marty Simmons said. "They play hard. They challenge every catch. Their intensity is outstanding." Kadeem Coleby had six of the blocks for the Shockers, who are two victories shy of matching the NCAA record of 34 wins to start a season by UNLV in 1990-91. UNLV was perfect before losing in the NCAA semifinals to Duke that season. Wichita State beat every Valley school twice in the regular season and takes on the Missouri State-Illinois State winner in the semifinals Saturday.dddddddddddd Missouri State has come the closest to beating the Shockers, losing by three in overtime at home in January after blowing a 19-point lead. This is rarified air for the Shockers, who havent been ranked this high since 1981 when they were also No. 2. They went to the Final Four last year as a No. 9 seed and are two wins away from a first Valley title since 1987 and a likely No. 1 seed. "Theyre disciplined in everything they do," Simmons said. "Theyre well-schooled. Theyre well-taught. They dont beat themselves." Balentine was 7 for 14 from 3-point range, falling one short of the school record while slowed at the finish by a hip injury. He led the Valley with a 22.5-point average and scored 30 points in the play-in game victory over eighth-seeded Drake on Thursday. "I thought once we got Balentine to miss a couple shots, we were in much better shape," Marshall said. "He was incredible." Egidiju Mockevicius added 11 points and 11 rebounds for Evansville. Early had a four-point play and a three-point play and ran down Blake Simmons to swat away a layup late in the first half. Baker had five points in a 17-5 run that made it 40-27 with 1:34 left in the first half. "We dont get any foul calls in practice," Early said. "Its like Im trying to make the basket regardless because I feel like I might not get the foul call." The Shockers were just as relentless in the second half. A 15-5 run put them up 20 points with just under 12 minutes to go. Baker was 4 for 6 from 3-point range and Tekele Cotton was 3 for 5. VanVleet, the Valley player of the year, had nine points, five assists and four steals. Chadrack Lufile had 11 points and seven rebounds, and Early added six rebounds and two blocks. "I dont tell good players to pass on good shots," Marshall said. "When its your turn to shoot and youre open, I want you to shoot it, and, in fact, I get upset with them when they dont. "I think theyve got character, for sure." China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys 2019 Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Authentic Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Cпасибо сказано 

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа